Author Topic: Global warming - I don't get it?  (Read 55529 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming - I don't get it?
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2016, 07:05:44 PM »
Don't get me wrong Mick D and Graeme I actually believe that we are trashing the place and the result will be ugly.
But what pisses me is the uneducated bullshit served to the public.

The reason I asked about the reference point is ,as Graeme picked , because there isn't one.
The whole surface of the earth is constantly moving.

Here's something that came out just the other day .

" The Arctic ice is melting at a rapid rate "
My problem with this piece of scaremongering is that " Arctic Ice " is SEA ice.
When SEA ice melts the sea level goes DOWN not up. Most of us learn't this at school and have forgotten it.

If the Antartic ice was melting then we would have a problem because it mainly rests on dirt so the sea level would go up but Antartic ice is increasing so the sea level is again going down.
 We had one a while back where the "something [ don't remember the name ] " shelf in the Antartic had broken off , shock horror , sea ice again I'm sorry , so the level will go down when it melts.
When icebergs melt the sea level goes down.

MickD put up a chart showing the population increase on earth showing an increase of 5 billion people since 1900.
Consider this , the human body is 60-65% water and the amount of water in a 50kg person is 30ltr so there's another 150 billion liters of water removed from the system.

If you look at a global sea level map you will find that the level is going DOWN around Indonesia.
But again referring back to my school days surely water finds it's own level.
Could it be that the land is rising due to the shifting of the plates?
How could satellite measurements show the sea level going down in one place and going up next door.
Sorry guys , don't make sense. :o
Could it be that the EXPERTS are actually relying on computer modeling instead of reality ?

Anyhow I went riding and that fixed me for a while so I'm going again. ;D
I also pulled my two stroke husky's out of the shed and fired them up and took a fang up and down the yard , joy , youngsters don't know what their missing. :P

Not just the amount of sea ice it is also the thickness of the Arctic ice is what is of most concern. That is getting thinner and thinner each northern summer. Sea ice is a different thing that is the name suggests is the frozen ocean.  At the Antarctic/Patagonia fresh water glaciers fall into the sea. From snow and ice form on the land.At school I learned things expand as they get hotter. Its not that difficult.

No agency with any credibilty is saying sea levels are going up and down in different oceans. NASA measures things from space so there is no error in there readings.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2016, 04:34:57 PM »
4 Days , 1400klms. Warwick to Wingham and back.
Just a couple of photos for Mick D.
Macleay River at Georges Creek

Spokes Trail

Fenwicks Rd

Cell River Rd

Cell River near Mt George

Blue Knob Lookout

Wilson River Rd

Oil Rig Rd

Tooloom Falls
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:54:02 PM by Mike52 »
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2016, 04:50:02 PM »
Don't get me wrong Mick D and Graeme I actually believe that we are trashing the place and the result will be ugly.
But what pisses me is the uneducated bullshit served to the public.

The reason I asked about the reference point is ,as Graeme picked , because there isn't one.
The whole surface of the earth is constantly moving.

Here's something that came out just the other day .

" The Arctic ice is melting at a rapid rate "
My problem with this piece of scaremongering is that " Arctic Ice " is SEA ice.
When SEA ice melts the sea level goes DOWN not up. Most of us learn't this at school and have forgotten it.

If the Antartic ice was melting then we would have a problem because it mainly rests on dirt so the sea level would go up but Antartic ice is increasing so the sea level is again going down.
 We had one a while back where the "something [ don't remember the name ] " shelf in the Antartic had broken off , shock horror , sea ice again I'm sorry , so the level will go down when it melts.
When icebergs melt the sea level goes down.

MickD put up a chart showing the population increase on earth showing an increase of 5 billion people since 1900.
Consider this , the human body is 60-65% water and the amount of water in a 50kg person is 30ltr so there's another 150 billion liters of water removed from the system.

If you look at a global sea level map you will find that the level is going DOWN around Indonesia.
But again referring back to my school days surely water finds it's own level.
Could it be that the land is rising due to the shifting of the plates?
How could satellite measurements show the sea level going down in one place and going up next door.
Sorry guys , don't make sense. :o
Could it be that the EXPERTS are actually relying on computer modeling instead of reality ?

Anyhow I went riding and that fixed me for a while so I'm going again. ;D
I also pulled my two stroke husky's out of the shed and fired them up and took a fang up and down the yard , joy , youngsters don't know what their missing. :P

Not just the amount of sea ice it is also the thickness of the Arctic ice is what is of most concern. That is getting thinner and thinner each northern summer. Sea ice is a different thing that is the name suggests is the frozen ocean.  At the Antarctic/Patagonia fresh water glaciers fall into the sea. From snow and ice form on the land.At school I learned things expand as they get hotter. Its not that difficult.

No agency with any credibilty is saying sea levels are going up and down in different oceans. NASA measures things from space so there is no error in there readings.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
https://www.cmar.csiro.au/sealevel/sl_hist_last_decades.html
This is at the bottom of page and it's interactive  also it's based on PAST  events .
The BLUE bits are where the sea level has gone down as seen from a satellite.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:53:04 PM by Mike52 »
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2016, 07:26:19 PM »
blue knob lookout...doesn't look that cold to me???

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »
Australia has been dry before and it will be again. We are after all, the land of floods and drought.

As for March being hot, I reckon January and February were alot cooler than recent years.

The way I see it, Mother Nature doesn't stick to our calendar and the seasons have moved along in the cycle. My tomato's are still flowering and getting fruit which means the cycle of day light versus dark has moved further along the calendar. By now my fruit should be just about finished but I am still harvesting heaps. And there's no leaves falling from any trees which would ordinarily be happening this time of year. I've noticed this late blooming trend for several years now and have come to the conclusion that the cycles are the same but don't line up with the dates that the XSPURTS say are gospel....
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2016, 08:19:08 PM »
blue knob lookout...doesn't look that cold to me???
Still summer 80-85 , in Winter I rekon there would be plenty of Blue Knobs up there and that's probably when they named it that.
That Blue Knob Lookout is amazing , the trees go all the way to the horizon in every direction.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
Australia has been dry before and it will be again. We are after all, the land of floods and drought.

As for March being hot, I reckon January and February were alot cooler than recent years.

The way I see it, Mother Nature doesn't stick to our calendar and the seasons have moved along in the cycle. My tomato's are still flowering and getting fruit which means the cycle of day light versus dark has moved further along the calendar. By now my fruit should be just about finished but I am still harvesting heaps. And there's no leaves falling from any trees which would ordinarily be happening this time of year. I've noticed this late blooming trend for several years now and have come to the conclusion that the cycles are the same but don't line up with the dates that the XSPURTS say are gospel....

Science can go fork itself, right?

What you say is easily proven or disproven by the number of daylight hours on any given date. Maybe you could be the person to blow this whole Climate Change conspiracy wide open, by exposing the fallacy of the a Gregorian Calendar?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2016, 07:02:52 AM »
Global warming is real, when the sun shines on my bald globe it gets hot, undisputable.
K

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2016, 08:58:24 AM »

Science can go fork itself, right?

What you say is easily proven or disproven by the number of daylight hours on any given date. Maybe you could be the person to blow this whole Climate Change conspiracy wide open, by exposing the fallacy of the a Gregorian Calendar?

Yep, science in this instance can go fork itself..... So can the calendar. I go by what I see and what the flora and fauna in my world show me, not what numbers are printed on a calendar. The calendar is only useful for knowing what date it is....NOT what nature is doing. I doubt that horses realise their birthday is on the 1st of August every year nor my tomatoes  know the date that they should be finished fruiting by.

The planet has been cold before, the planet has been wet before, the planet has been hot before.

As humans, we are just another animal on the planet and have no control over wether we are heading for extinction or not, no more than many beasts before us have had their time ended by nature.

Luckily for humans, we have the chosen filthy rich few that will be able to jump into a space craft and head off to the space station and fork each other sensless and over populate that environment as well.

I bet both my balls that they (the chosen ones) won't be wondering how well their stocks in (insert any heavy polluting industry you like) are doing on any given day. Lucky for them they planned well and have taken suit cases full of cash so they will have something to eat and drink........Or pay someone to have their food and water.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2016, 01:58:26 PM »
And the earth is flat, right?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2016, 03:05:31 PM »
The headlight globe on my Bultaco gets warm.Is that global warming ?
what ! Who me ? Nah

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2016, 08:28:37 AM »

Great comeback.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2016, 01:47:42 PM »

Great comeback.

if you read the first post of this thread the question is what has changed from 1933 to now ? It doesn't matter if you think that the world is flat or not but since you mentioned it when it was thought that the world was flat it took a denier to sail around the world and prove the official science of the day wrong just as later on it took a denier to prove that the earth revolved around the sun and not the sun around the earth. The alarmists don't have a good record do they? No one sailed of the edge of the world yet.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2016, 03:24:10 PM »
so the planet is not being trashed! its just alarmist's getting it wrong
tell that to our extinct critter's and forest's and the fish's in the sea
forking shit up we need(the planet) to primarly make shit we dont need, but hey those sales people and polititions cant be wrong Hey!
WW1, WW2 all good, it just what we need, bit of senseless violence its good for the lad
might just step out now and go and destroy some upstart upclass's house to put back some environment But wait thats illegal, Want and go fork shit up with commerce and industry! go for it all good
Yep we got all our priorities right

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2016, 07:40:50 PM »
so the planet is not being trashed! its just alarmist's getting it wrong
tell that to our extinct critter's and forest's and the fish's in the sea
forking shit up we need(the planet) to primarly make shit we dont need, but hey those sales people and polititions cant be wrong Hey!
WW1, WW2 all good, it just what we need, bit of senseless violence its good for the lad
might just step out now and go and destroy some upstart upclass's house to put back some environment But wait thats illegal, Want and go fork shit up with commerce and industry! go for it all good
Yep we got all our priorities right
no one said that the planet isn't getting trashed , the planet is getting trashed. The current propaganda is distracting from that with the singular focus on climate change, do some research , you can easily find some books or online vids of prominent environmentalists arguing this fact. Meanwhile in Fukushima.........