Author Topic: Global warming - I don't get it?  (Read 55388 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming - I don't get it?
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2016, 10:28:44 PM »

if you read the first post of this thread the question is what has changed from 1933 to now ? It doesn't matter if you think that the world is flat or not but since you mentioned it when it was thought that the world was flat it took a denier to sail around the world and prove the official science of the day wrong just as later on it took a denier to prove that the earth revolved around the sun and not the sun around the earth. The alarmists don't have a good record do they? No one sailed of the edge of the world yet.

Columbus/Galileo were not "deniers" at all they were heretics. Big difference between a heretic and a denier. That is despite mountains of evidence the denier still won't acknowledge they might just be wrong and stick to their opinion. A heretic is the opposite they believe evidence over popular opinion
Prominent environmentalists are not climate scientists.
What happening in Fukushima exactly?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2016, 11:05:45 PM »

if you read the first post of this thread the question is what has changed from 1933 to now ? It doesn't matter if you think that the world is flat or not but since you mentioned it when it was thought that the world was flat it took a denier to sail around the world and prove the official science of the day wrong just as later on it took a denier to prove that the earth revolved around the sun and not the sun around the earth. The alarmists don't have a good record do they? No one sailed of the edge of the world yet.

Columbus/Galileo were not "deniers" at all they were heretics. Big difference between a heretic and a denier. That is despite mountains of evidence the denier still won't acknowledge they might just be wrong and stick to their opinion. A heretic is the opposite they believe evidence over popular opinion
Prominent environmentalists are not climate scientists.
What happening in Fukushima exactly?
The term heretic refers to one who goes against , ie denies the supposed truth of the established religion, :-a person believing in or practising religious heresy.

synonyms: dissident, dissenter, nonconformist, unorthodox thinker, heterodox thinker, apostate, freethinker, iconoclast, schismatic, renegade;

sceptic, agnostic, atheist, non-theist, non-believer, unbeliever, idolater, idolatress, pagan, heathen;

separatist, sectarian, revisionist;

raretergiversator, recreant, recusant, nullifidian;

archaicpaynim 
ie a denier.
My point about the prominent environmentalists stands , the global warming debate has taken over all environmental issues , they don't need to be climate scientists , although many are, to see that.
Fukushima is still not contained , is still leaking radiation , is still killing sea life .This is real not a model which the climate scientists are using.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2016, 09:21:06 AM »

My point about the prominent environmentalists stands , the global warming debate has taken over all environmental issues , they don't need to be climate scientists , although many are, to see that.
Fukushima is still not contained , is still leaking radiation , is still killing sea life .This is real not a model which the climate scientists are using.

And that's it in a nutshell as far as I see it.

It's seems to be OK for the big polluters to keep on polluting in Australia as long as they have carbon tax credits, or have the ability to buy someone else's! It seems ridiculous to me that a heavy polluter can buy carbon credits from a tree farmer so they can keep on polluting, making disposable crap that will go to landfill in 10 years time. Or Japan powering the city with nuclear isotopes right on the oceans edge so they have access to an easy waste dump. Chernoble is still radioactive after all this time and I read that the SA government is putting in tenders to be a global hazardous waste dump in the states north.
Anything to keep the states economy afloat and useless politicians in a job!
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »
Interesting Doco on SBS last night about ANGKOR in Cambodia , billed as the largest city ever built on earth.
1000 square Klms approx.
Apparently they had to abandon it in the 1400's due to Climate Change.
Huge Droughts and massive floods.
Who would have thought.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2016, 09:10:27 PM »
Did they find any fossil fuels?

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2016, 08:20:26 AM »
Na.

Nothing to do with humans , apparently natural.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2016, 10:17:14 PM »

You have no point unless you back it up with actual evidence. The simple reason why Global warming is over taken other (but no less important) environmental issues is it is the most time critical one. Climate scientists are not using models now they use actual data mainly from space, the rate of climate change has exceeded modeled predictions (350ppm Co2 for a 2*C rise and CO2 is now 400ppm). There next prediction that in as little as 10yrs time there will be nothing or very little remaining of every glacier on earth. Things don't happen that fast in the natural world.
Radiation from Fukushima is leaking into the Pacific(not a good thing) but is still actually below background radiation (Dr Karl was talking about this today). There is no evidence radiation from Fukushima has had any effects on sea life.  What has a much bigger effect on sea life are Fish Aggregation Devices(FADS) and the very large factory ships that use them but as they say that is another story.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2016, 10:33:04 PM »
Na.

Nothing to do with humans , apparently natural.
A bit of selective editing there.
Damian Evans a archaeologist from Sydney Uni thinks urban sprawl was as much to blame for Angor Wat's demise. Another archaeologist Mary-Beth Day said " "It's important to understand, however, that failure of the water management network was not the sole reason for the downfall of the Khmer Empire," Day added. "The collapse of Angkor was a complex process brought about by several different factors — social, political and environmental."

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2016, 11:57:49 PM »
Those pithy sayings we all heard and grew up with have a basis firmly lodged in history. just how far back they actually go is anyones guess but we all have heard a few.

The Maori have a saying " The water will always take back the earth" or something like that. This is self evident with erosion that we can see in real time.
another comes to mind from King Canute, Based roughly on "you cant hold back the waves".

These are things learned and passed down for us to learn from. In short its inevitable that the world will change and its not preventable but it can be slowed but to what extent and in the long run will it make that much difference?

id like to have my 18yr old body back again but its not going to happen. id like to have my track at cams wharf back but I think the resort thats built on it now would complain.Simple answer is what humans do best and that is adapt.

As the historic world changed , humans adapted to those changes and exploited what they could, humans moved across seas and land bridges and used what they found. Sure we should look to history and the industrial revolution and factories of London that poisoned the air. Sure we should look at the deforestation happening all over the world and see what it is doing . The clearing of masses of land for cotton  and the water it requires. However and there is a huge however.  The population is rising and this population needs resources and they will use whatever they can to survive.

What it is going to take for change is new and innovative thinking.  You cannot just stop doing something. it needs to be replaced with a better machine, a new method, a new product to give people a real alternative.

Granted some new tech is not better, for this we can blame greedy government  officials eager for those nice party donations, Coal seam gas comes to mind. Australia has spent a lot of money chasing this one much to the alarm of many rural communities and still the government persisted and what now? Looks like china isnt buying anymore. Blind freddie could have seen this one coming.  Gives me a damn headache thinking about the corruption and damn waste displayed by governments all based on greed.  And to fix this the greedy will bring out a big stick and have a war. They did it with Iraq for the oil rights and they will do it again but this time i have a feeling it wont be that simple with China  and North Korea firmly involved. But the blind lead the blind and follow like lambs to the slaughter and add salt to the wound.

What we need is a new resource and we need it now. Before hell freezes over and we are faced with a nuclear winter. And will someone at least get Trump a new Wig so he doesnt look totally ridiculous when he presses the button.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »

You have no point unless you back it up with actual evidence. The simple reason why Global warming is over taken other (but no less important) environmental issues is it is the most time critical one. Climate scientists are not using models now they use actual data mainly from space, the rate of climate change has exceeded modeled predictions (350ppm Co2 for a 2*C rise and CO2 is now 400ppm). There next prediction that in as little as 10yrs time there will be nothing or very little remaining of every glacier on earth. Things don't happen that fast in the natural world.
Radiation from Fukushima is leaking into the Pacific(not a good thing) but is still actually below background radiation (Dr Karl was talking about this today). There is no evidence radiation from Fukushima has had any effects on sea life.  What has a much bigger effect on sea life are Fish Aggregation Devices(FADS) and the very large factory ships that use them but as they say that is another story.
What flavour Kool aide is that?

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2016, 04:25:40 PM »

Just what the world needs Trump on one side and Putin on the other then toss in Kim Jong-un and whoever happens to be  leading Indonesia at the moment.  I think it used to be Ying yang ching chang chitti chitti bang bang or something like that,
all level headed sensible people.
                         Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2016, 04:58:45 PM »
I also heard he is permitting two strokes again in USA , if elected .

You saw it on FaceBook, so it must be true?

Trump is a sad, lonely little man who needs far more money and affirmation to get through the day. I feel sorry for him - he clearly had a very unpleasant childhood, and has not been able to move on.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »
I hope trumps a member on here! then I could tell the Dick head what a wanker he is!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »
Invest ya money in an ice works and a flame thrower manufacturer, Ya safe and set on all fronts! ;) 

and just in case , be very very nice to cockroaches ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 09:39:37 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2016, 07:58:01 PM »
 Ever thought about the cave man. He had fresh clean air, clean water, plenty of exercise. everythging they ate was organic or free range and yet they only lived to be about 30.
                        Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.