Author Topic: Global warming - I don't get it?  (Read 55386 times)

maxvmx

Global warming - I don't get it?
« on: February 10, 2016, 06:42:48 PM »
Perth just broke a 83 year record for consecutive days over 40 degrees! So does that mean in 1933 we had people saying that unless we reduce our carbon emissions we're all buggered?

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming - I don't get it?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:25:57 PM »
Back in the old days people were more fact driven. ("It's hot today, like yesterday.")

These days the majority are driven by emotion and hysteria. (Both feed by emotive and hysterical press and "social media".

When the next cyclone hits Brisbane, it will be clear evidence that the world is doomed unless we "do something"! (The previous cyclones that Brisbane has suffered will be like Perths 83yo record). Vomit.

Try and keep up :P

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »
You know, long ago we used to have a few discussions about things not vintage dirtbike related on here and I think the general feedback was "no thanks". Especially things like Global Warming where we just go round in circles. Bit like Evo rules discussions.

Might be best to leave this topic alone I reckon.

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 11:12:31 PM »
You know, long ago we used to have a few discussions about things not vintage dirtbike related on here and I think the general feedback was "no thanks". Especially things like Global Warming where we just go round in circles. Bit like Evo rules discussions.

Might be best to leave this topic alone I reckon.

Good call. IMHO

Offline topari

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 12:41:38 AM »
Global Warming is the idea that the UN, when given tonnes of other peoples money, will be able to exert more influence on the planets temperature than the Sun.  Simple really!
topari

1979 IT400F, 1984 kdx200

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 07:23:36 AM »
The earth is flat. The idea that it is round is a lie promoted by government funded scientists with a political agenda.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:31:46 AM »
but will we need to run different pet/oil ratios ?????
or, egad, change our jetting from stock !!!!!!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
The earth is flat. The idea that it is round is a lie promoted by government funded scientists with a political agenda.

All the thermometers on the earth and in space are in on it too ;)
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »
Ha Ha god one Lozza .  Yes anyone without a airconditioned cushion job would have noticed the rises. Kangaroos and other marsupials throwing out their embrios . Fruit trees fruiting and flowering at the same time . Native species of gums and banksias throwing their towel in after 5 days of up to 45 degree days .

Not a good example. I have lived and worked in Adelaide twice and three months at the a-hole of the earth, Port Waikfield.
Those temps are normal. At least I suppose places like that make it possible for our new chink overloads to get in on some cheap real estate.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »

All the thermometers on the earth and in space are in on it too ;)

And now declared last week that the northern boundary of the colder "Southern Current" that rotates around the Antarctic has shifted 300 miles further south. Nothing to worry about hey, somebody will get on to it,,,, one day. Nothin but fear mungerring, fuggin lazy current.

And don't be foolishly worried about the fact that all atmospheric weather systems on Earth are driven by ocean currents. Who cares?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:48:39 PM by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 06:11:01 PM »
Trying to figure out why I used LESS units of electricity in the last 3 months than the last 3 months 2014.
Obviously my fridge has gotten more efficient.

Sorry Graeme couldn't resist.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 06:16:35 PM by Mike52 »
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 09:21:38 PM »
I've resisted long enough.

Why is it that people have to believe in climate change. Isn't belief the realm of religion?

HeavenVMX

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 10:23:55 PM »
AND anyone that questions it is branded a none believer and subjected to the modern version of the witch craft trials. Philosophically thrown in a river and if they drown they are innocent but fortunately dead and silent and if they swim they are dragged out and burnt at the stake and umm dead and silent.

1st it was global warming when that proved to be false it became climate change and when that is slowly being dispelled it is now globally serious weather events.

Carbon dioxide is <4% of the atmosphere and has changed about 0.16% and historically has been much much higher than present values but ...... oh shit someone is suggesting that I have a swim in the creek.

The UN and Al Gore have made 100s of millions of $US out of this stuff. It is all about redistributing wealth on a globe basis except Al he kept his. Wealthy countries pay poor countries to grow trees.

correction 14/1/16 my % values are incorrect should read 0.04% CO2 and 0.0016% is attributable to humans the rest is natural

This is my personal view not Heaven VMX club.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:46:12 AM by HeavenVMX »

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 11:00:21 PM »

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 09:05:45 AM »
I agree Mick D
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...