Author Topic: Any Ideas ???  (Read 5316 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Any Ideas ???
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »
Have just been down the same track with the GT80. Thought it must have been seals as symtoms were the same as my old MX250A back in the day. So pulled it all down, new bearings, seals gaskets and so on- full bottom end rebuild. Saw the points had been hot so new points and then still had intermitant spark. 50 bucks for a genuine condensor and now she wants to go. Too used to CDI me thinks!!

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 05:59:44 PM »
Hot word from the West, where all wise Bultaco and KTM men reside under the Star.  Go forth and seek out the key.

Bring on the weekend...... :P

felix7

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »
Pirie: Go forth and bang your head against the nearest tree, more like it. That's my next step. BTW: do you have any jet sizes for me so I can compare with my Mikuni?
It'll be a starting point, at least.
I'm bench racing this weekend so, knowing my luck, I'll fall off the stool and do some serious body damage because I'm not wearing a helmet. - Felix

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »
Do what the last bloke did who had this problem....... sell it by the way if you do take that option how much?

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »
Felix,

If I get to the carby, will let you know.  Predicted 36C on Sunday.  Nice and cool in the shed   :o :o

felix7

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 11:25:52 AM »
 :DPirie ... Mikuni maestro Ian Williams has been extremely helpful. He went through his records and reckons this is about the combo I should have in my 250:
 - VM34, 210 main, 35 pilot, 2.5 cutaway slide, 6DP1 needle, Q-5 needle jet and 2.0 airjet.
Is that anywhere close to what you've got?
I still haven't pulled mine apart ... next few days
- Felix

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »
Pirie did you also mention that on the practice lap the carby almost fell out ( bumpy track huh) so its swinging away on the rubber inlet, things may have bummped loose or been sucked in.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Bullymad

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »
Bullymad,

After owning a couple of CZ's in the early 70's, I went into therapy.  It took around 20 years to finally erase the word "condensor" from my conscious and subconscious.....oh my god, its BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK....

More therapy needed mate. ;)