Author Topic: Vinduro Ride Nowra  (Read 3961 times)

Wollongongwolf

Re: Vinduro Ride Nowra
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
Just a reminder, only two weeks until the Nowra Vinduro ride. Sunday 14th April. Marking out the route next Saturday. Don't forget you can camp for $5 Saturday night. Hope you will support this, as I said, want to make this a success in the hope that the Nowra club will let us organise a full on Vinduro event in the future. The facility is there, I need your support to ride it. I have around a dozen so far, but would like more.
If you have an old bike, not much good in a shed looking at it.
Track opens at 8:30, tell them at the office you are there for the Vinduro ride to get your discount. $40 instead of the usual $50. Bring your family or friends as the track is open to the public, so I reckon they will also get the discount.
See you there.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »
Hi all, just to let you know that I have interest from 18 to 20 starters for the day, so thanks to all who have committed to the day, if I get around that number, the effort would of been worth it.
If you think you may be a starter, let me know so I can pass the info to the club.
Thanks again

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »
Hi was wondring if the modern biks will be running in with old bikes .Chers GREG

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 10:40:50 PM »
The circuit is open to the public on the day, so anyone that turns up can ride there. As I said , the club is letting us ride there at a cheaper rate as we are there as a group.So if your mate has a modern bike he can ride with who he likes. But I reckon the older bikes will stick together, i know my Honda wont run like my DRZ400. I will be just putting around. the more modern bikes may want to head off and find something harder or hit the MX tracks.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »
Went down to Nowra to mark out the circuit, got three quarters around and ran out of tape. Guess I will have to get there early on Sunday to finish. The loop is 8 kilometres long and a good mix of single and fire trails, with some whoop sections, a few easy creek crossings, and some easy climbs, so should suite all riders. If you want longer ride or something a little more challenging, will point you in the right direction. If you like , get a few mates, head out and get lost among the many kilometres of trails.
I took my XL350r out for its maiden voyage, went well and got around the track without a problem.
The Nowra Club are expecting us and said to tell them at the office you are there for the Vinduro or vintage bike ride to get your cheaper rate. Don't forget you can camp the night for $5, but very basic, so would take your own supplies and water.
Been a fair bit of rain in Sydney and Wollongong, but the tracks were quite dry, they not had that much rain, which seems to be usual down that way as the track is about 20kilometres from the coast. So don't let a little rain put you off, can be raining on the coast but perfect out that way.
I know have nearly 30 riders tell me they are coming, so if we get nearly that many, should be a great day.
So bring some friends, hope to see you there.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »
Here is a link to the Nowra club as it has directions to the track

http://www.nowramotorcycleclub.com.au/

Offline ozktm

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 08:53:07 AM »
I have a big roll of suzuki tape if you want it??
PM me.

Adrian
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

'72 KTM 175 |'74.5 KTM 250 |'74.5 KTM 400 |Hagon/KTM 250 proj|'76 MC5 250 Project |'76 MC5 400|'78 KTM 250 Project |'81 KTM 250 MC | '81 KTM 495 MC

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »
Hi Adrian,hope you can give your KTM mates from canberra a few tips on their bike maintanance before the weekend...sorry Bill and Dennis but could not help myself HA HA................................................CHEERS GREG

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
Here is some Video I took last Saturday at Nowra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7Rrs2pvFk