Author Topic: Vinduro Ride Nowra  (Read 3963 times)

Wollongongwolf

Vinduro Ride Nowra
« on: March 04, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »
Hi all, trying to get a Vinduro ride together at Nowra Motorcycle Club (Nowra MX Track) on Sunday 14/4/13. I have the go ahead from the club for that date. What it is, is a casual ride, no comp, no prizes, no fuss or hassle, just turn up and ride.
They have 1000 acres of bush,with a 10 kilometre bush loop,plus shorter loops, which are easy to moderate riding.Cost is usally $50 to ride a day for non members, but tell me if we get a few, told them was hoping for a dozen, they will charge $40, which I think is a good deal for a days ride. Hoping that if people like it and club are happy with us , we may try something bigger.Good chance to get together as not that many Vinduro meets. Nowra well placed as only a couple of hours from Sydney, Wollongong, Canberra, southern Highlands and South coast.
There are 2 MX tracks, two kids tracks also, so you can bring the tribe if you wish. Good chance to get some of the younger kids who can't ride at vinduro meets a chance to have a ride.I have also put this out on Vinduro.com and the Yamaha IT forum.
If you are interested, please let me know so I can give them some idea of numbers. Hope I can get a bit of support on this, could be a top day, thanks.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Vinduro Ride Nowra
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
Sounds like a great idea! The NDMCC complex is fantastic, with a big variety of terrain and (as you say) fairly close to lots of people.

That said, I don't think I can make it - my calendar is already looking quite full, and I'm on a short leash...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »

I recond I would  Go to that ..??????

Yes I would Go ...Count me in ...
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:07:28 PM »
Count me in .Sounds like a good weekend.Let me be the first pain in the butt.Can we camp saturday night.....Cheers GREG

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:48 PM »
great guys, sounds like some interest,tell your mates. as for camping, bit rough down there, I know that you can camp there, but not sure if you have to be a member and what numbers they allow. Will email the President and find out how they feel about it. so spread the word,hope we get a few and the weather is kind.

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »

Im a starter , and would like to camp o/nite
pre 84 thank you very much

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 06:00:12 AM »
I'm in too  ;D
Cheers
Shaun

Curly3

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 06:57:54 AM »
I might even get down there, as an observer only.
An old mate of mine is the President of the club and has been trying to get me down there to check the place out for a while now, I'll bring my son along so he can cut up the MX track.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »
Just an update on camping, got an email , says yes to camping, sent another email to get the guts on price and any rules they have, will update with the info when it comes. So you campers got no excuses, pretty primitive camping, toilets, dirt, no grass, think they have showers, not sure if they are running or hot.
So looking good, need five starters for $40 ride, should get that easy I would think, so spread the word.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 07:05:18 PM »
I think the camping facilities will surpass the Buladelah Megaplex

Holmesy, Show these fellas your under the stars sleeping technique   :o
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 08:18:04 PM »
pre 90 or pre 85 event  ???

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 08:35:23 PM »
Pre 85, tail and head lights ,they don't have to work, but it is a public track and anyone can go there and I won't be checking what year a bike is, so I will leave that up to you if you think your bike is correct year.
I think if you want to ride with your mates, who am I to stop you.
All about a good day out.

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »
Hi Ted,under the stars is the only place to sleep,The main thing i need to  know is shorts t/shirt and thongs ok for a dress code before and after riding..HA HA.....CheersGREG

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 08:59:35 PM »
Was riding at Nowra today, asked about the cost to camp, $5.00 if your interested in an early start. Also met a guy riding a fully original Suzuki 1980 ER 185 at Nowra today. First time out for 15 years. He was dressed in reflective work clothes, open face helmet,work boots, safety glasses, was having a great time out on the trails.
Good to see an old beast out amongst the show ponies. Told him about the event in Nowra, so be good to see it out an about again.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »
Hi all, I am still putting out info to various classic bike clubs around Sydney and Canberra. Seems to be a lot of people with old Dirtbikes out there who don't know that there is even a Vintage Enduro Vinduo scene out there.
I announced it at the meeting of the Classic and Enthusiasts Motorcycle Club down here at the Illawarra last night.( I'm a member, you can't beat $50 rego a year for a classic bike) Was a few riders who are keen , but they didn't know anything about Vinduro get togethers. So it would seem there is more work to do to get the word out.
At the meeting I was told that the club is having a ride of classic and vintage bikes riding to Nerriga that day, which is about an hour ride from the track and will be calling in to see how things are going on the day. So a good opportunity to see some great all road bikes.
So again, hope I have your support, tell your friends, I am sure if pre 90 bikes or even VMX turn up on the day, most people would be happy to see them out.
My main focus is to get old bikes out of the shed, instead of owners looking and dreaming of a ride. Good chance for all to check out some great old bikes and have a good day out.
Any questions , please feel free to ask, Brent

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
Just a reminder, only two weeks until the Nowra Vinduro ride. Sunday 14th April. Marking out the route next Saturday. Don't forget you can camp for $5 Saturday night. Hope you will support this, as I said, want to make this a success in the hope that the Nowra club will let us organise a full on Vinduro event in the future. The facility is there, I need your support to ride it. I have around a dozen so far, but would like more.
If you have an old bike, not much good in a shed looking at it.
Track opens at 8:30, tell them at the office you are there for the Vinduro ride to get your discount. $40 instead of the usual $50. Bring your family or friends as the track is open to the public, so I reckon they will also get the discount.
See you there.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »
Hi all, just to let you know that I have interest from 18 to 20 starters for the day, so thanks to all who have committed to the day, if I get around that number, the effort would of been worth it.
If you think you may be a starter, let me know so I can pass the info to the club.
Thanks again

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »
Hi was wondring if the modern biks will be running in with old bikes .Chers GREG

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 10:40:50 PM »
The circuit is open to the public on the day, so anyone that turns up can ride there. As I said , the club is letting us ride there at a cheaper rate as we are there as a group.So if your mate has a modern bike he can ride with who he likes. But I reckon the older bikes will stick together, i know my Honda wont run like my DRZ400. I will be just putting around. the more modern bikes may want to head off and find something harder or hit the MX tracks.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »
Went down to Nowra to mark out the circuit, got three quarters around and ran out of tape. Guess I will have to get there early on Sunday to finish. The loop is 8 kilometres long and a good mix of single and fire trails, with some whoop sections, a few easy creek crossings, and some easy climbs, so should suite all riders. If you want longer ride or something a little more challenging, will point you in the right direction. If you like , get a few mates, head out and get lost among the many kilometres of trails.
I took my XL350r out for its maiden voyage, went well and got around the track without a problem.
The Nowra Club are expecting us and said to tell them at the office you are there for the Vinduro or vintage bike ride to get your cheaper rate. Don't forget you can camp the night for $5, but very basic, so would take your own supplies and water.
Been a fair bit of rain in Sydney and Wollongong, but the tracks were quite dry, they not had that much rain, which seems to be usual down that way as the track is about 20kilometres from the coast. So don't let a little rain put you off, can be raining on the coast but perfect out that way.
I know have nearly 30 riders tell me they are coming, so if we get nearly that many, should be a great day.
So bring some friends, hope to see you there.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »
Here is a link to the Nowra club as it has directions to the track

http://www.nowramotorcycleclub.com.au/

Offline ozktm

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 08:53:07 AM »
I have a big roll of suzuki tape if you want it??
PM me.

Adrian
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

'72 KTM 175 |'74.5 KTM 250 |'74.5 KTM 400 |Hagon/KTM 250 proj|'76 MC5 250 Project |'76 MC5 400|'78 KTM 250 Project |'81 KTM 250 MC | '81 KTM 495 MC

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »
Hi Adrian,hope you can give your KTM mates from canberra a few tips on their bike maintanance before the weekend...sorry Bill and Dennis but could not help myself HA HA................................................CHEERS GREG

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
Here is some Video I took last Saturday at Nowra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7Rrs2pvFk