Author Topic: Nudgee race on Sun 24 Feb?  (Read 5794 times)

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Nudgee race on Sun 24 Feb?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
Yeh, good meeting you wombat, and don't worry about being a bit off your old pace, all of us were in the same boat when we started after 20 year breaks, I remember just 1 year ago sitting in between heats with an ice block clenched in very swollen sore hands, and legs that felt like jello but its amazing how quick you get into it. Your Maicos are very schmick too, nice bikes. The community thing you spoke about is half the fun, in fact we have so much fun, its a wonder its not illegal,,  ;D
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
Ditto the previous posts!
she was a hot one thats for sure, i'm continually amazed at us classic vmx'ers, all ages, all bikes, all levels of fitness.
you did yourself proud today wombat, the first step of many more to come, nice bikes too!
sorry Tony, i forgot to count the red bikes behind you today.
good to meet Doc finally, and to see the shiny framed TS thingie that moved pretty quick too from what i saw!
great stuff!
"flat bickie"

Doc

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 08:55:06 PM »
GD, riding the RN really made me remember what the big bores were all about *insert many big smiles here* I've not ridden the big bangers for a few years and for a non reed motor it sure has some stick. Think I overshot about 3 corners that came up way too fast and I really was riding what I thought quite slow and sensible..kinda  :-\, the suspension was a little chattery and too firm for me but I'm extra light and I get that with near everything, the bars a little wide for me which is anything over 800mm cause I am not only a light arse but short arse as well, the handling/brakes didn't feel so far removed from the production bikes and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same geometry but it's the lack of weight and nice 'useable' HP that one notices above all. My 400C pumps out similar sort of HP but it's about 102kgs which gives away over 10kgs to the RN and that much weight simply can't shed off an already fairly light production MXer without some super trick items/materials. Looks like I can't even build a replica  ::)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 08:59:32 PM by Doc »

oldfart

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 09:21:27 PM »
I was over at the sliders watching them do there thing , when I heard this worrrrp woorrrp worrrp
noise ah that must be Daves RN . So over I trots and watch this rag doll hanging off the bars over shooting the corners ;D   The noise that bike makes is unreal , not to mention that roost     luv it 

211kawasaki

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 09:34:46 PM »
Hey Doc, glad a Suzuki man such as yourself enjoyed it, the bike ran really well and was a shake down for CD5, if your there and looking for another go sling the leg over the RH - same everything different motor, that will give you the full feel. The RH is going to be set up with a trick (very trick) barrel and one of the exhausts left over from the '72 visit by Robert etc so shes going to be in fast trim.

I'm going to take a few Kawasaki's to CD5 as well - they don't have problems with 'em there.

DT

Doc

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 10:44:07 PM »
 :D no probs with either notion Dave. The full RN effect eh..hmmm..*insert even bigger smile* The guys who raced these bikes back in the day possessed great skill and huge balls there can be no doubt! I didn't really give it much at all cause I was frightened  ::) certainly a bike 1 could get used to quickly tho..to hop back on the TM125 made it feel Victa powered. I was starting to lose the plot around lunchish or just after so I packed up my bat and small balls and came home blaming the low pressure in the front tyre for my utter lack of control which I honestly thought was me fading as the day progressed..turns out I was kinda half right..I noticed when bathing it (buckets of course) I had no front axle nut, a pair forks flexing like 2 sticks of spaghetti as well as a flat front tyre with 0lbs pressure :-\ this is why we must test things  ::)

Oldfart..don't you go poking fun at my rag doll style you..you...you..ummm..oldfart! :D just for that I'm gonna buy you those stickers!!..ewe know the ones!  ;D

on another note..it was good to see a couple of sidecars there today..crazy stuff..Tim..you're nuts!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 11:01:05 PM by Doc »