Author Topic: Viper Rnd 2 Monza Park - Today  (Read 3818 times)

Offline yamatragic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Viper Rnd 2 Monza Park - Today
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »

A candid shot of some of the fun at Monza today for the second round of the Viper series, I'll be interested to read some of the feedback from those who rode today :o
 Well done to Perko and the Rovers for sticking it out for the day, a top effort.

More to follow,as usual ;D,  Cheers YT.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Rnd 2 Monza Park - Today
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »
That's either Rick Johnson back on Yamaha or Arno cleaning up the pre 85"s

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »
Thats a cool pic....donnoo about the mud though.....how to trash a bike in 10 minutes....I use to love mud when I was younger.....now I guess I'm a sook.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »
Thats later in the day when the surface was more "sloppy" than "goop"
The goop was sticky thick clay that just bound everything up and was super greasy. Was a real shame as the track was absolutely mint when we got there, just before the thunder, lightning and inch or so of rain.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 10:00:46 PM »
I spent $20 at wash world getting the clay/quartz/mud off my bike.

Imagine how much it would have cost if I made it further than 1 lap at practise and .3 of a lap in a race....

Write that one off to experience.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
reminds me of riding Mudza park in the 80's every meeting i went there was like that.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 10:11:13 PM »
ha thats funny hoony i thought exactly the same

hey scunge did you find any gold on your bike ;D
follow me to first turn

BEARVMX

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 07:18:54 AM »
Thanks perko and brmcc guys, for preping yet another mint track, no thanks to god for trashing it in ten minutes. And again this was the stickiest ive ridden in, when it rained it was ridable, when it stopped raining, it was like riding with the goop attractor on, bloody shit does sticks like shit to a blanket & yes $18.00 at the local hot wash and 2 hours later cleaning my bike and gear - all good though, bring on the dust any day for me, also a big thanks to all the flagies in the weather you all did a great job and earned you money  Bear
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:22:58 AM by Bearvmx »

Offline gsr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 02:47:21 PM »
a big thanks to all the guys at monza especially the flaggies for sittin in the rain and wind,, to all those that were complaining about the $10 fee im sure you would rather pay than sit out there yourselves i know im certainly happy to pay the fee and not have to worry about flagging between races anyway thats my 2 cents. the mud certainly made it interesting out there and i was having a ball untill the yz stopped due to a dodgy plug cap of all things,, thanks to the guys who helped me push it back through the slop up the hill couldnt have done it without the help  ;D
Ex viper#86

Offline steve7406

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »
Looking at that photo i'm glad i was feeling sick great pic hope some more get posted soon
2000 Yamaha WR400f
1980 Suzuki RM250t
1977 Suzuki RM125b                                         
1975 Yamaha MX250b
1973 Yamaha mx360 (on the rebuild table)                                                               
1972 Yamaha dt1 250
1976 Suzuki ts 185

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »
I hope monza gets a brreak and good weather one of these days.. When its nice, that place is unreal. Great track, great club.
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 10:08:55 PM »
Yeah, the Rovers put on a great day! Would have been fantastic if It did not rain as the track looked the best it had ever been. At least it didn't get rutted up. Thanks to all the flaggies for helping us pick up our bikes :D Anyone NOT fall off ;D

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
It was wet, frickin cold and just YUK! Cost me a clutch and a couple of years of washing bikes & gear, but it still beats gardening. Gotta keep smiling.
Cheers,
K

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 10:27:32 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I would just like to thank all my helpers (Paid or not). They did a fantastic job in very trying & unpleasant conditions. Especially Dawn & Ken Baker. Ken didn't ride but sat on the back jump for the first round & was prepared to go again but thankfully some more Rovers turned up & he didn't have to. Dawn lap scored & collated all day. Without these guys, & people like them, our sport would be in big trouble. I have said it before, we shouldn't treat it as the Rover's round or Blue Rock's round, it is EVERYBODIES round. Meaning don't think to yourself "I've paid my money why should I help" more like "How can I help to make this round better". Thankfully the latter is the majority & you would be amazed how just a little help can go a long way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking anyone to miss races or put themselves out & sometimes just the offer of help is greatly appreciated. One example would be if a toilet has run out of paper dont just tell the people running it, ask where the spare rolls are & do it for them. A small task that takes no time but is a huge help. Another would be if you have a big break between races, or no more till after lunch, offer to lap score for just a few races to give the scorers a break to go to the toilet, stretch their legs etc.
(My 2 cents)

I THINK I have contact all the pre-entered riders that didn't end up racing & offered them their entry back.
Over half were happy for the club to keep the money so a big thanks to them because we still have costs to run the day but certainly no ill feeling to those who wanted it back
A few didn't even make it to the track. Unfortunately some have already filled out & signed their one day licences which we prepay for & cannot re-use (Have to send the copies to MV now) so I will have to recontact a few to see what we can work out.

As for the day I was happy as a dog with 2 dicks Sat arvo & first thing Sun morn & we actually needed 3-5mm of rain to settle the track but given a choice I would have also chose dust. The MX gods had other ideas. I certainly understand people not wanting to ride especially when they have spent thousands of $$$$ and many hours restoring their bike. This is why I have no qualms giving back entry money but 2/3 wanted to race & again voted to keep going for a second round. You couldn't wipe the smile of Steve Sweeney's face (2 moto wins) and no offence to Steve but if he could get round the track couldn't have been too bad. (Sorry mate)

You all know we (Rovers) always try & put on the best day we can. I actually prepared 2 tracks in one, one line ripped deeper than the other thinking this may help but it didn't.

There is talk from the Viper committee of another date in Oct-Nov & we would certainly look favourably at running another for Viper if we can. Maybe not a points round, it could be along the lines of CD & Broadford, just a big ride day/s. Your choice. Dates free Sat/Sun Oct 22/23, 29/30 Nov 5/6, 12/13. And finally while I'm on the Viper committee, thanks for their support on the day.

Viper666 (Perko)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:21:38 PM by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 01:01:08 PM »
Yep the track sucked.
Yep the conditions will cost me $ to get the bike back to what it was before the event.
Yep I spent 3 hours getting the clay off anything that touched the ground.
Yep I was rooted after pushing 3 bikes back from the bottom of the gully.
Yep I was pissed that my bike only did 2 laps of practice and one lap race of a race before it gave up.

BUT…..
I spent 4 hours in the car with me best mate and his son talking shit, telling lies & laughing  ;D
Had Scunge, YoMan, Marty & crew to talk shit to for the day
And as Mick said, its way better than the alternatives if I stayed home.

Awesome job Ballarat Rovers, Neale & crew.  :D
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »
Yip, real shame that mother nature was against us. I really enjoy monza, all those table-tops are cool,  so I was pissed that the weather shat on the day for us.

Good work by Neale and the crew on a tough day.

Still, I had a smile on my dial that night, for at least getting the opportunity to introduce my oldest son into the MX fold.....

I will never complain about dust again!

P.S Holeshot man - no gold... just clay.

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »
Good on you Neale. If there was more people like yourself in the VMX movement, it would be so good. I love Monza, go back to the hey day of MX back in the 70's & 80's and you know what it's like to camp there on a Saturday Night, especially when Essendon are getting the tish belted out of them  ;D ;D
Me and Dawn walked up to the top end of the track where the Monument is to the young lad that lost his life there back in the 90's and I see now his fathers plaque is there as well, but that's motorsport. Would be magnificent if Monza could go again later in the year because there isnt a better track when the weather is right in Victoria. Wont be spectating next time, will be camping and riding with Shaun & Jimmy, we'll get that 490 back from Qld and the new one I'm building and have some fun, and PS, it will probably be cricket season by then Neale. Go the Tigers !!

Mr Maico #54 (Ken Baker)