Author Topic: Who's going to Moto Mayhem  (Read 6766 times)

magoo

Who's going to Moto Mayhem
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:39:13 PM »
Moto Mayhem is 3 weeks away so who looks like riding? I've sent my entry away and I know there are a few of the boys going. Brads coming from Queensland and I know of a few Viccos coming up. It should be a blast I reckon. Maybe even a Saturday night barbie at Magoo Central, my shout.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Who's going to Moto Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »
Got any of your slow mates Coming?  I`ll be there for the experience. Can I park the race transporter out front?
Couple of CR`s

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
So Snowy, you're going? What about young Dennis? I have been thinking of it, but there are a lot of races on around the same time and not sure if I can swing the time. But at $50 it's cheap enough, and we'd be on the video! Very tempting...

Maico31

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
Magoo looks like another couple of Queenslanders are coming down. Myself and a mate will be making the trip, Sat night barbie at your place sounds like the go.

fsc

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »
Magoo
FSC will be there with bells on, flying the honda flag.
Cheers
Number 87

Rosco400

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
Half tempted in mind but body is saying no due to lack of riding of late, am i reading right that each race is 30 minutes, so whos riding what, only got 77 maico going at the moment, you riding the husky or the cr snowy, would need someone to have a play with around the track seeing Magoo and the fast guys are coming, speaking of the track, does anyone know if it will be vintage friendly, cant seem to find any info on the track layout

Maico31

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »
30 minute moto? There wouldn't be anyone left on the track by the time the chequered flag fell! I hope there is a bunch of you NSW guys riding otherwise it's not worth making the trip from Qld.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:08:49 PM »
Rosco,
I read
3 races over 6 laps
feature events 10 laps
Noel

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 10:23:46 PM »
F$%K Rosco, 30 minute moto`s ???? , I like Noels interpretation of the race format. Taking the Husky and the Honda, send your entry in.
Couple of CR`s

Mark Austin

Moto Mayhem - Riders List
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »
Hi all,

Here's the riders list for Evo at Moto Mayhem.
http://www.motomayhem.com.au/news/54579_news.pdf

A pretty poor turnout lads...

Cheers,
Mark.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 11:43:19 PM »
MMMM thats cool I wonder who's RA I'm Riding ::)
also looks like I'm riding 2 bikes in the same races ;D
reck'n I've got the wooden spoon sewn up
better than mowing the Lawns
Cheers
Noel
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:48:23 PM by Noel »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Moto Mayhem - Riders List
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 10:34:43 AM »

A pretty poor turnout lads...

Cheers,
Mark.

You're right, it is a pretty poor turn-out - but then again, lots of (non-VMX) classes have minimal fields too. Based on what I've read/heard from last year, it deserves more support.

While I am kicking myself a bit now, I didn't make the effort to find the money or the time largely because I was completely bewildered by the programme.
Specifically, I got the impression that all of the old bikes were in together, meaning that I'd only get one ride. Then I thought that maybe I could take one of my 'modern' enduro bikes up to make the trip worthwhile, but it was too difficult working out whether there'd be time conflicts, and I got the impression that they wouldn't want a nuffie like me out there for the enduro cross.

Woulda been fun racing Noel for the wooden spoon.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 10:11:05 PM »
It is a shame that there haven't been more entries, but as we've seen with Vintage you really have to start pushing an event months before. I think this is probably the reason for the poor turnout as it wasn't clear what was happening as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

I've been told by the organisers too that there will be no practice on Saturday as the track is still being built. Racing will be on Sunday only using the same track as the MX classes. Also, given the low entries, some races may be combined. Hopefully this won't affect anyone racing two classes.

If anyone is still thinking about entering, go to it as they will still accept entries. You might cop a late entry fee tho...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 10:15:46 PM by Graeme M »

magoo

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 09:49:54 AM »
Looks like they've got TV coverage as well, too bad the Vintage side of things won't have much to show.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »
Just in case #41 looks in here,
contrary to the current rider listing on the Mayhem site,
and seeing as they have had to combine classes
I have elected to ride my pre 75 bike in the feature race ( event 2 )and my pre78 bike in the 3 support races

cheers
Noel

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »
Can someone who's going to MM please contact me?

04000 23847.

I'm trying to get hold of Brad (090) but he's either still in the car or on the piss with Magoo...

TIA. :)
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 08:43:40 PM »
do you have brads mobile number

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 09:39:35 PM »
At work... and I've been away from work all week...

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »
A photo ,with 090 almost in the screen on the finish table top
racing against Modern Vets class. on the 490 Maico.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 06:39:16 PM by Noel »

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 10:03:15 PM »
Went out to have a bit of a look today. Well worth the 30 bucks to get in the gate. Great to see the vintage and evos but also entertained by the moderns and those mad blokes on the pit bikes, although as always at Oran park dust would have been a problem for the riders. The freestyle was a bit dull, (everwhere u go someones set up doing freestyle) but the super moto was very spectacular for a first time spectator and seeing Phil lovatt take a couple of wins in the vets class was also a blast. Some pretty quick women too. Shame this wiil probably be the last mayhem at Oran Park.

magoo

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 05:03:50 PM »
An awesome event was put on. The heat and dust was a bit of a killer and the numbers weren't there (about 20) but the quality of riders was superb, with ex factory rider Dean Burt making an appearance on a Suzuki RM400T and man was he quick. I'd love to see him at a big meeting but I'd be amazed if any of our boys could get near him. Dave Middleton and Brad Vanbarello put  some good efforts, as did Matt Park and Gary Blizzard on Pete Loverings YZ250C. It was great.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »
Pick the rider relaxing on the start line seconds before he realised that he forgot to remove the protective inner plastic
lining on his new goggles as the gates dropped

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »
Yeah, crap! What an idiot  ::) Took the protective cover off one side and not the other. And of course didnt realise till it was too late. I sat that one out!
I  had a good time catching up with fellow vmxers as well as riding. Pitty about the dust and the way i fell on my head... TWICE! DOH!

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »
I'd also like to publicly humiliate er thank Bruce(Magoose) and his lovely wife Anne for the hospitality.
Cheers, Brad

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 08:40:08 AM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:41:55 AM by Noel »

Mark Austin

Moto Mayhem Photos
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 09:34:40 AM »
Hi lads,

I posted a report and some photos on the Red Devil Racing site. http://www.red-devil-racing.com//latest/moto-mayhem-oran-park.html

Just click on the bottom photo to bring up the photo gallery.

Cheers,
Mark.