Author Topic: Eligilibty scrutineer at the Nationals  (Read 67953 times)

worms

Re: Eligilibty scrutineer at the Nationals
« Reply #330 on: June 25, 2009, 09:48:48 AM »
THE LAST WORD! NO SPRINGS ON FOOTPEGS, NO RIDE, FINALE.

INTERPERATE HOWEVER YOU LIKE.

AND YES THERE IS ABOUT 180 ENTERED,

Trev

firko

« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »
I've deliberately kept out of this discussion but felt that it was time I put my 2 bobs worth in. With respect Trev, I haven't got return springs on my Wheelsmith peg equipped Maicos and they've never been knocked back in scrutineering. I also had a little input into the preparation of Black Betty (ESO Metisse)for the Wagga Dirt Track Nats and it didn't have footpeg return springs and they passed it without comment. Many others are in a similar situation without return springs and haven't previously had any scrutineering problems. . My newly restored Boyd and Stellings Suzuki has no provision for springs and it would require some major re engineering to fit them. Many specials like mine built in the old days are in the same boat. My understanding is that as long as the peg returns under its own weight (or gravity) it's deemed as a returning footpeg. I'd hate to see bikes knocked back or worse, not entered because of a wrongful interpretation of a rule.

* I was just about to send this when I thought of another situation where ALL of the competing bikes have no return springs. On dirt track sliders the swinging right side peg never has a return spring and as they operate under the same regulation, they set a precendent that should be adhered to.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »
THE LAST WORD! NO SPRINGS ON FOOTPEGS, NO RIDE, FINALE.

INTERPERATE HOWEVER YOU LIKE.

AND YES THERE IS ABOUT 180 ENTERED,

Trev

First of all: I have foot-peg return springs on the bikes I'm bringing.

Secondly: The Manual doesn't say that you need springs. If the Supp Regs don't add a requirement for springs, then it will be impossible for anyone to demand springs.

End of story, like it or not.

Scrutineers are there to enforce the rules as written, nothing more or less. A scrutineer who invents rules or comes up with his own interpretation of the rules, is both hurting the sport, and inviting an arse reaming if things go pear shaped.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »
18.3.0.5 Self returning folding footrests must be
fi tted.
all this talk about spring return is bs as the meeting would have to on been approved by a controlling body of the ma classic body or something like that.if it is not in the gcrs and it isnt it cant be enforced.these races ar approved by a comittie bound by ma gcrs and if not in sup regs it is not enforcable
and it isnt
18.1 All machines entered must comply with the current GCRs for Classic Motocross competition. from sup regs so all this talk about spring loaded foot pegs is bs and nobody at the meeting has the power to eliminate you from the event for this as it is not a rule
jim
non mx rider but dirttracker same rules apply

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2009, 01:01:29 PM »
12.8.5 Footrests
12.8.5.1 Footrests must:
a) Be well rounded and designed so as
to ensure that no dangerous edges
are created due to wear.
b) Not touch the ground at lean unless
they are hinged or pivoted and
controlled by a return spring.

this is the modern rule for foot pegs only need spring when footrest touches the ground at lean.so if you drag you footrest on the ground when you lean your bike  you need springs other wise you dont end of story

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 25, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »
Just cable tie the spring to the footpegs ;D ;D ;D
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

worms

« Reply #336 on: June 25, 2009, 02:44:54 PM »
ok, i'm still waiting on answers from MA for all concerned but there is NOBODY able to clearly answer the GCR's as they are written, so i have gone to state body for answers and still no reply! but, it falls under safety and NOT eligability

just put the $3 spring on and come race, i'm Over it.

Cheers Trev

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 25, 2009, 02:53:13 PM »
only in thailand ;D ;D ;D
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 25, 2009, 02:56:52 PM »
I refer back to my original post, Show me where it says every footpeg must have a spring fitted .   ::)  

NO-where does it say in the rules you need to have a return springs fitted to Footpegs, they should out of courtesy self return and pivot to cover ANY saftey issue where possible.

AS i stated the rubber tube over the pivot point ensure it returns every time and is legal.

THERE is Absolutely NO need for any reason safety or otherwise to have to modify a frame, drill holes, Zip tie or otherwise molest a frame to "hang" a spring on just to follow a made up "interpretation" and basically just making it look like you want it to be rather than an actually function piece, whats the point.   :(

and why would you bother asking MA ? unless its roadrace dont expect an answer from those peanuts. its our sport let those who ride decide.  this is a dead debate.

Just As Nathan said :  [/quote] A scrutineer who invents rules or comes up with his own interpretation of the rules is inviting an arse reaming.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:07:49 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

worms

« Reply #339 on: June 25, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
this is it, direct from our governing body.

Fixed footpegs are not allowed in our discipline of the the sport.

all footpegs to be folding and controlled by a SPRING!

end off debate, not my ruling and i cant change it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers Trev, i'm off to have a beer.

if you dont agree PLEASE ring MA or your local body

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 25, 2009, 03:10:08 PM »
Who's governing body ? IF you mean MA NAtional you'd want to get David white off his arse and get that out exactly the wording and conditions of  specifications in a press release, 90 days before the event and re-issue all supp regs.  What do you mean you cant change it,  Worms, if your running the event im not sure why the hell you even brought this up or got them involved for a ruling, you made it happen no one else, so you fix it.

# note to all you Guys with Suzuki TM's better forget going as well, where are you going to fit a spring ?

ahhh well if thats your take on it, thats half the field gone, way to kill the event guys.   ::)

i knew there was a reason why this even shouldnt have gone to the banana benders  ;D ........and you where the guys that complained about how Tassie ran it. ::)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:20:05 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 25, 2009, 03:13:54 PM »
i have had a ma deligate look at this and as the rules state you dont need springs so worms can i have the gov body contact so it can be taken up by ma delegate
thanks
jim

worms

« Reply #342 on: June 25, 2009, 03:20:19 PM »
please contact Lindsey Granger from MQ on 07 32812255

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 25, 2009, 03:31:40 PM »
JIm get a call into NAtional MA and get them to overrule local "Bjelke-Pederson" idiology for the sanity of the rest of the country please.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 25, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
rang and got told he is not in today so left a message for him to ring me.
let you all know the out come.