Author Topic: Super Pioneer tank  (Read 3292 times)

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
Super Pioneer tank
« on: May 30, 2013, 07:20:57 PM »
I'm looking for a Super Pioneer tank or a similar Ossa enduro tank to buy, swap, or whatever .I have two phantom tanks , one of which I am keeping ,the other I would like to swap. Unfortunately the second tank has been painted yellow and I was told it was supposed to be a Desert Phantom tank but its way too small  >:(.......I'm open to offers.........to swap tanks that is  ;D ;D

Roger

...........this is my tank...........

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:48:37 PM by YUMASTEPSIDE »

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Super Pioneer tank
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:16:03 AM »
.......nice tank, unfortunately too late a model for me, thanks.

Roger

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 08:11:54 AM »
  Hi Roger , i know where there may be a tank PM sent :)

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »
Yr right Roger, that does appear to be a Phantom MX tank. There's not a lot of diff in width between the Super Pioneer & Phantom MX tank. If you measure across under the 'belly' of the tanks, the S/P tank is about 11" wide, Phantom MX tank about 10". But I've just noticed that S/P tank & Desert Phantom tanks have "Ossa" painted on, not screwed in badges as per Phantom MX. (Desert Phantom tank is same as S/P tank as far as I know)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 10:40:27 AM »
The desert tank is basically the same shape as the Phantom but is fatter and doesn't have the built in indentation for the screw in badge. It has the fork cutaways that first appeared on the GPII. I've been searching for a photo of my mate Garry Hodges Desert Phantom but can't find anything suitable. This photo gives a clue to the shape.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »
Thanks to all.....looks like Huskibul's brother has a tank that he'll swap

Roger