Author Topic: Very cheap RM  (Read 11764 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Very cheap RM
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 11:45:11 PM »
Looks alright for that price. Geez, I'm nearly tempted! An 83?

gerpster

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 08:35:41 AM »
I emailed the seller to see what year model but he was not very helpful and came back with late 80s.   :-\
Response also on the ad.
If it was pre 85 then I would also be very tempted!!   8)

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 08:48:04 AM »
If your Interested , I will pick up and store at my place .....no strings attached

gerpster

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »
Looks like is missing airbox, 1 rad shroud...who knows what else....transport is the killer for me..hmmmm.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
It is a pre 85 for sure, no question Greg.We have a good courier here that's up and down the east coast all the time his transport costs are very reasonable.Plus thanks to the generousity of all round nice bloke/legend "Dodgee" we have shit loads of RM 125 bits here so were are bound to have some surplus bits and pieces.Which I'm sure Dodgee would approve if we passed on for only postage costs ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:38:38 AM by Lozza »
Jesus only loves two strokes

gerpster

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »
Ok I just bought it..     :o   The Mrs is going to freak out and I am too!!!.....I hope it is in a least saveable condition!!!!   

Would be good if it is an 83 model.    ???

I will need a LOT of help here guys so any offers are gratefully accepted!!!!   ;D

Oldfart - offer of pick up would be great if it is no hassle for you.

Transport - I do have a good transport contact but am not sure how busy or how much so any offers to get it down to ACT cheaply will be gratefully accepted....   

Will have to sell the TS!!     :(

Tony T

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 11:26:55 AM »
Good on ya Greg.
The bike is definitely '83 or earlier.
Sorry I'm of no help with transport etc
Maybe someone coming down to CD5 can help?

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 12:11:03 PM »
Good score Greg; going by the attitude I think the Seller would hunt you down if you don't follow through...
I can collect and store in a shed if the other blokes are tied up.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

gerpster

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »
Ahh yes...better pay up pronto huh or I might be mince meat!!!    ;D

Is either Wombat or Oldfart available to pick up this baby?? Please PM or post here...will be much appreciated.

I plan to chat with my courier mate tomorrow re cost from Brissy and if it is ok I expect he could pick it up in a week or two.

Lozza - got any leads on an airbox, muffler (I think), shrouds..and I hope that's all but I know there is going to be a lot more...   ;)

Without the support here I probably would not have dived in to this... but heh ya only live once and if it's an 83 D model then it's gotta be worth it....I think.    :-[

Hopefully in the future I'll be able to keep up with Graeme in the 125s!!!!   ;)

oldfart

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »
PM sent
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 09:50:15 PM by oldfart »

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 01:02:36 PM »
Yeah Greg, no worries.
I'm sure Oldfart's onto it with his original offer; I'll be 'plan B' if needed. ;)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

gerpster

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 01:43:22 PM »
Yep Oldfart is on the case..thanks wombat for backup..    ;)

gerpster

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »
Bike is now in Oldfart's shed.....many thanks for your help!!!!!    ;D

I hope it aint a real dunger!!!    ::)

I have a few courier quotes to get it down to ACT but is there anyone in Brissy that has a spare spot coming south anytime in the near future? Drop off anywhere along the highway at any volunteer pick up point between Bris and Sydney would be a bonus for me.

Doc

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »
Greg, in Brisbane it seems there's a plan C as well as I could also have collected it..remember, end of April is CD-5..I feel sure others will be coming down with maybe a spot for it. I'd offer but it appears we're pretty full already. (must get around to Kels and pick up Nathans DT too..oops ::)) Maybe just hold out a bit and see if anyone can help..if it's a runner as stated don't sweat, you'll get your money back if push comes to shove with Luvy ;) been a few of this model of late for sale at cheap prices..reportedly the all time best RM125  :) the plastic shrouds are still available new from Alpha and others for about $30ea + post and plastics weigh nothing  ;) maybe available here too, be worth checking.

went shopping for some new bits in the UK for a change today..picked up a Nos TM400 inlet manifold for $20au, 2x NOS TM250 inner rear guards 1 for $13 and the other $15, I got the NOS rubber flap for the bottom for $16 and a really nice but not new TM125 mag cover 100% undamaged with emblem in place for $50..all prices delivered to my door..why would I shop anywhere else!! ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:59:10 PM by Doc »