Author Topic: WANTED Any farm / earthmoving equipment  (Read 3968 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
WANTED Any farm / earthmoving equipment
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »
As most of you are aware, I have been looking for some land in central Vic to build a motocross track, well I am getting close to buying something and I will require the following type of equipment if anyone has something, or knows of anything for sale.

I don't have much money, I'm sure I will have to buy something small or old to fit into my budget, if you have any ideas please let me know, thanks.

Tractor, prefer 4WD (maybe 30 or 40hp?)
Slasher
4 in 1 bucket for tractor or a front-end loader
Low level tip truck.
Ripper (maybe for back of tractor?)
Water tanker or tank to slide in the tip truck.

My quest is to build a track to run vintage days on, look-out when I get an idea in my head  ;-)

Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED Any farm / earthmoving equipment
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:07:47 PM »
make sure its "all weather land"...

Offline Fabulous

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:00:18 PM »
John, regarding the watering,the go could be to get 4 or 6 of those 1000 litre square plastic tanks with the light steel frame around them and plumb them together. I have a couple of guys with a few of these . They have to pay to cut them up and dump them. I have one of these on the back of a farm ute to water my small track at home.(just gravity fed). The water truck at the Nudgee track up here in Brisbane uses these tanks with a zip start petrol pump on the back. Works a treat.

NGK

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 11:02:23 PM »
you might be able to mount this on a 8x5 tandem and pull it behind your tractor till u get a water truck?
he is open to offers and would get you out of trouble..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WATER-TANK-/200896596442?pt=AU_Trucks_Commercial_Vehicles&hash=item2ec65ec9da

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 08:43:20 AM »
John, regarding the watering,the go could be to get 4 or 6 of those 1000 litre square plastic tanks with the light steel frame around them and plumb them together. I have a couple of guys with a few of these . They have to pay to cut them up and dump them. I have one of these on the back of a farm ute to water my small track at home.(just gravity fed). The water truck at the Nudgee track up here in Brisbane uses these tanks with a zip start petrol pump on the back. Works a treat.
I can get these plastic tanks for next to nothing at my work.
But the only problem is that i live in northern NSW and you guys are in Vicco.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:51:36 AM by VMX Andrew »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
John keep your eyes out for an older skid steer  (eg Bobcat with Wisconsin 4 cylinder) To expensive to run for full-time employment use, so many now have been superseded .Superb tool for a motorcycle track ;)   
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »
John keep your eyes out for an older skid steer  (eg Bobcat with Wisconsin 4 cylinder) To expensive to run for full-time employment use, so many now have been superseded .Superb tool for a motorcycle track ;)   

A lot of people are telling me that a Bobcat type machine would be too small?

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »
I did mean the Bobcat as a very useful extra ;) A full size machine is most needed.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Jim

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »
john,get onto a site called www.truckhub.com that should open u into the machine side of things lots of cheap goodies in there austwide divided into states,bought a few machines a while back with a little bit of tinkering good as gold and a lot cheaper than the auctions

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 05:54:05 PM »
Get a drott, they can rip, dig, push, cart, compact etc. One man one machine maintenance. They used to ereywhere but you don't see them around much anymore so should be cheap.
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
Good on you John....
On this subject,
what is the fine line between a bunch of mates getting together on my property 150Acres and an event. We have had 10 - 21 riders on occasional weekends. What would be the cutoff point? either in numbers or circumstances
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »
Get a drott, they can rip, dig, push, cart, compact etc. One man one machine maintenance. They used to ereywhere but you don't see them around much anymore so should be cheap.

That is exactly what you need.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »
Walter is right here, if you have land and are going to allow your "mates" to come out and have ride then make damn sure they are "mates"!!! Ones that will accept responsibility for their own actions in the event that they are hurt (or worse), unfortunately with litigation seeming to become the norm for anyone who does something STUPID these days its almost too great of a risk to let people have a punt around on your private property. Or alternatively if you're already lucky enough to have heavy machinery on your property, and your so called "mate" screams "ima gonna sue you" you will have the option to just dig a hole and bury the flucker!!!!! Saves everyone a whole lotta heartache  :D :D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »
Yep that thought has been considered by my brother and I. I dont think public liability ins would help when it comes to the crunch either..
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 08:14:35 PM »
I understand what you guys are saying but there are plenty of tracks operating in this country, I will investigate the insurance aspects and have signed indemnities, I know many say that they aren't worth the paper they are written on but all aspects need to be covered if ending up in court.

I will have insurance, council approval and a risk management plan .... anyway you can't get blood out of a stone lol, it's not like I have a house/s that anyone can take from me.