Author Topic: Club Bultaco Australia 2013 Spanish Motorcycle Rally  (Read 4164 times)

Offline jas150

• Novice
    • View Profile
Club Bultaco Australia 2013 Spanish Motorcycle Rally
« on: October 03, 2013, 01:37:28 PM »
The 15th annual Club Bultaco Australia rally will be held on the 23-24 November 2013, it is open to Spanish motorcycles only so dust off those Bultacos, Ossas, Montesas, Gas Gas etc. and come along for a friendly family oriented event at the 1500 acre property "Rivervale", bordered by the Shoalhaven River, NSW, one and a quarter hours drive East from Canberra. To get there turn North up Larbert Road from the King's Highway (approx. 10Km West of Braidwood or 3km East of the Warri Bridge over the Shoalhaven River) and drive 8 km to the rally site.
Entry to the rally is free but a ride fee of $20 for the weekend per rider applies, to be paid to the property owner. Most entrants turn up on Friday to make it a long weekend.
BYO everything, there are unlimited free camping sites, a bush loo, washing / swimming is in the river. Fishing too if you want to throw in a line.
There is no racing or trophies, just friendly trail rides or for the more adventurous there are several moto-x tracks, an enduro loop and challenging sections for trials bikes. There will even be a ride to the local pub if enough road registered bikes turn up. A Gymkhana may also be held if there is enough interest. At night sit around the campfire & tell a few lies about your riding exploits, washed down by your favourite brew with other Spanish motorcycle enthusiasts.
For more information ring John on (02)62916446.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Club Bultaco Australia 2013 Spanish Motorcycle Rally
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »
Don't forget the Iced Vo-vo's and tea bags. 8)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Bulmaster

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 04:59:26 PM »
So who's going this year? I'll rearrange my sock draw the weekend before so I will not miss out. I'll be there on Friday ready for another annual weekend of fun and merriment.  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:03:43 AM by Bulmaster »

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:57:38 PM »
Push, push, push.. BUMP....ringdingdingdingding
(That'll be the sound if you come to the rally and give me a push start, seeing as my knee is still f---d.)
pss Just getting this notice up to the top.
pss And as it says all spanish welcome.

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
bump

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »
I'm sure that as Firko is a former Annandale Leichhardt member he would know that back in the day the high flying Willoughby club was known as the "tea and bikkies club. We travelled fully catered with a Temprite setup and a keg.

They eventually turned and saw it our way,we were a very attractive option for club days. It's not politically or legally correct now but back then was a different story.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »
We travelled fully catered with a Temprite setup and a keg.   
Absolutely, no nancy boy Iced Vo Vo's for us. One of the club members had an Inter or Dodge Panel van outfitted with temprite and a couple of taps connected to one or two kegs, depending on the occasion. I can't recall the blokes name but he had a daughter who'd been brain damaged in a car accident who helped out with the post race beer pouring. Annandale Leichardt put on a keg after every club meeting and I can remember still being in the Amaroo pits at 10pm, pissed and having to get to Maroubra 90 minutes away and then unload the bikes and hit the sack to get up at 5am to go to work. Club president Bob Stansfield ran that club like a slick military unit. They were great days.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 11:03:52 PM »
Max was the club treasurer but what was really handy,the fact that he had a business as a self employed refrigeration mechanic. After the races,buy a bunch of el cheapo type raffle tickets at 20 cents each, to get a beer. The visitors soon warmed to the idea.

Three way club days were the go, no one ever refused , MX at Bilpin,Amaroo, road racing Amaroo, short circuit(flattrack) at Amaroo and Arcadia.
The races were one thing but the trailer races home were something else.

All my mates still talk about those days.I know it's not correct now but deep down it was the Aussie larrikin in us all and times were different.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline BULTACOBRIS

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
So - any report, pics?  :D

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 11:40:39 AM »
So - any report, pics?  :D
talked to John imrie,no rain,no grassfire,no medi evac helio,bit quiter on attendances,weather forecast might have put a few off,otherwise usual good time had by all apparently, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!