Author Topic: Dimensions for Rotor Puller suit YZ125H  (Read 5163 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Dimensions for Rotor Puller suit YZ125H
« on: September 04, 2007, 06:45:11 PM »
So...  I bought one of these off Ebay - the wrong size.  No real problem I thought to myself I will use it on something else as it's a pretty common size.  So I found another one on EBay - a 6 way.  It must fit I thought to myself.  It arrived today.  Guess what... It is the wrong f@#$ing size too  >:( >:( >:(.  I can't find one on Ebay to suit so I'm going to get one made by a machine shop.  Does anyone have one they could measure for me so I can get one made.  I know the internal thread on the rotor is M18 x 1.5 and the end of the crankshaft is M10.

This is the last thing I need to get my 125J with H motor going.  I've been waiting 2 lots of 2 weeks to get the wrong ones from the US and I'm starting to get a bit frustrated >:(.  Please help.

TIA ;)

P.S.  If you find one on EBay Cyclegod I'll be extra cranky (and happy at the same time, but then I'd have to wait another 2 weeks)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:39:57 PM by YZ250H »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensions for Rotor Puller suit YZ125H
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »
YZ250H  Yeah my money too is on the Cyclegod to spy one on ebay. he can find anything huh.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 07:00:19 PM »
Yep - truly the master of ebay 8).  I searched for days to find the wrong one (twice >:() and I bet he finds one straight away.

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:43:40 PM »
Yamaha part number is 2K7-85555-00-00, if you can find one I will be impressed. Your best alternative is a "BikeMaster Magneto Flywheel Puller" or a K and N

http://www.bikebandit.com/product/1427

There are other places to find them too...

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/catalog_item_detail.asp?catalog=3231&levelcode=12950&product=392584&cattype=&ProductCategoryCode=
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 09:46:41 AM »
I may have you stumped this time CG !  Bike bandit is my last hope as I can't see any of them that will do the job.  The only one that I can see that may go close is BB.  I have sent them a message re sizes

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »
That kit has a M18X1.5  ???
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:41:34 AM »
That kit has a M18X1.5  ???
So does the 6 way one I got, but it is a solid shaft.  I think the one in the kit is the same.  The bike models they quote are the same ones as for the 6 way - that's why I'm a bit suspicious.  That's how I got caught with the last one.  I'm in a discussion with bike bandit.  They seem to have one that looks Ok, but there is no details on the thread sizes.  It looks exactly like the one you posted except the thread on the tube is on the outside.  The nore I think about it the more I think I might get one made.  If I'm getting one I might as well get 2.  Do you have the dimensions for the TM puller ??  I'd be happy to get one made and post it to you.  I can even zinc plate it for you  8) 8)
I can probably work out what i need for the 125, I was just hoping someone would have one to measure so I could be sure it would fit.
Thanks for the searches you are the master of Ebay searching  ;D ;D

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 11:08:26 AM »
In that kit some of the parts in the left hand side of the box have 2 thread sizes (one on each end) with a bolt running up the middle. The big bolt in that box looks to be the 18mm in diameter and the tool in the middle far left it's inner external thread looks to be the same size. You could always ask the seller for a little clarity.

I also found out that the TM tool is the same as a Kawasaki KLF300
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 08:59:39 PM »
After thinking about it for a while I'm going to hack the 18mm OS section off the 6 way, drill a hole down the middle and put a thread in it.  I've got all the tools I need to do that in the father in law's workshop, so at least one of those wrong pullers will come in useful :).  I can use the rest to throw at the neighbours cat that keeps walking on my friggin' car >:(.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 06:30:33 PM »
I did it and it worked - rode her today.  More problems to be posted soon.  Along with a video for hilly to keep him amused !!  The problems are getting smaller 8)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 07:09:17 PM »
Congratulations, It's good to hear when alternative thinking and adaptaion works  ;)
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 10:17:49 AM »
Thanks mate - I'd have to say I was pretty chuffed to be riding her again after all the dramas 8).  Even more so in that they were the first cases I have ever split, first transmission ever fiddled with etc etc 8) 8).  A few other little dramas, but I'll start another thread in Yamaha.  Small potatoes to the blokes on here, but a major achievement for me.
Thanks for your help and advice mate - always much appreciated  ;)

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »
How did you go with the cat or do you need some more pullers ??.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 10:50:45 AM »
 :D :D :D :D  Good one Hilly  :D :D :D

I've got enough pullers to start my own friggin' bike shop now.  At least if I collect other bikes I'll be able to get the rotors off  ;D ;D ;D

YZ400F first model and TT500 '79 model are in my sights after I complete the YZ collection with a 465H  8)

That mongrel cat is still around >:(.  The first and last black car I ever buy