Author Topic: Little fauss and big halsy  (Read 3294 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Little fauss and big halsy
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:15:42 PM »
Would anyone have a copy of 'Little fauss and big halsy' that I could buy a copy off? .... please  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Little fauss and big halsy
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
    I'll buy one if you come across any john ! seen it as a kid (even had the poster from the local flicks :D), be great to see it again  -cheers :)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »
A couple of places in the US have it but I wonder if DVD's have different formats like video tapes?

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »
Fauss tunes up the engines and Halsy is a woman's dream.
Robert Redford played Halsy I think.
BWPMCC had a group outing to see it when it first opened here in Syd, that was the first nude woman I'd ever seen.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:28:36 PM by SlideRulz »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
fauss is radar out of mash
not a bad flick

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 03:40:24 PM »
The movie stuck in my mind as at the time I'd just learned to 'anneal' copper head gaskets, and at the start of the movie 'Little' annealed a gasket, I remember thinking at the time "wow a more true-to-life movie than I'd ever seen", unlike knobby tyres sqeeling on dirt or a CR125 that sounded like a Harley LOL.

I missed the nude woman (doesn't sound like me?!!!)  lol

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
fauss is radar out of mash
not a bad flick

Nah it wasn't Radar, Radar was played by Gary Burghoff, Little was played by Michael Pollard.

Curly3

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
The nudey was laying on the bed of a motel room as Halsy came out the door, it's burnt into my memorry.
1970, I was 10.
You're right though John, a rare movie with the correct sound affects to fit the bike.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
A couple of places in the US have it but I wonder if DVD's have different formats like video tapes?

Only regional coding, US is region 1 we are region 4. A multi region DVD player will sort it out no probs.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »
Lauren Hutton was the naked chick running at the end of the drag strip. (beeline dragway) Much of the movie
was filmed around Phoenix Arizona at Manzanita and Beardsley race tracks. The road race portion was from Sears Point, California.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »

Only regional coding, US is region 1 we are region 4. A multi region DVD player will sort it out no probs.

Thanks cyclegod, are most dvd players 'multi region'?

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 06:40:49 PM »
Most of the cheapo ones are, and at worst it'll stilll play fine on your laptop.  :)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Doggy Digger

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 06:41:45 PM »
Send me your postal address and you can have mine (works in local DVD player) ...

Please email me at:
roger@rogerharvey.net

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 02:23:49 AM »
There are places on the internet where you can download it.  The quality isn't high though.
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
If Roger's version is good quality I'll burn free copies for whoever wants one..... stay tuned

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
 Those who stay over at the 2 day classic event Nepean Raceway Sat night I believe will see a showing of that and other appropriate movies.
See you there!

cheers pancho.
 ( P.S. Maybe some will see them through blurry eyes after some refreshment!)
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 10:49:55 AM »

Posted by: John Orchard

Insert Quote

If Roger's version is good quality I'll burn free copies for whoever wants one..... stay tuned

put me down for one please
jim

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 10:52:01 AM »
Little Faus and Big Halsy....The Citizen Cane of the DT1 world, a cinematic tour'd force unmatched even by Marjoe Gortners immortal blockbuster. 'Sidewinder One' as the epitome of filmed motocross greatness.

Vale Michael J Pollard
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

IT400C

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 10:52:57 AM »
Little Faus and Big Halsy....The Citizen Cane of the DT1 world, a cinematic tour'd force unmatched even by Marjoe Gortners immortal blockbuster. 'Sidewinder One' as the epitome of filmed motocross greatness.

Vale Michael J Pollard

Welcome Back Mr Firkin!   ;D

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »

Vale Michael J Pollard

agreed, he was in a few of my favorites movies, like Bonney&Clyde and Groundhog Day, and one i saw in the late 1970's set in WW2 about some Alied soldiers trying to get some circus elephants out of someware in Europe to someware else... hannibal something? i was a kid when i saw it...

anyone remember a 1970's dodgey 'B' grade horror flick about a scientist who has some black guys head sewn onto his shoulders (now he has 2 heads), while on the run from the cops he ends up at Saddleback Pk racing MotorCross bikes... and wins the race  :D  i've saw it on TV ages ago..
anyway Kelvin Franks told me they made the MX parts of movie during one of his CRC meetings, the movie directors asked all the riders to let the stunt man (with 2 heads) pass them and then they should crash out trying to re-pass... Kelvin was in the movie dressed in white waving the checkered flag when 2 heads won..
Kelvin also once told me Steve McQueen was a member of his club and used to ride practice days under a false name... :o