Author Topic: Anyone had a Dirt Bike Adventure Tour experience?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Anyone had a Dirt Bike Adventure Tour experience?
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:35:26 AM »
Hi,
Not quite VMX but just wondering if anyone has been on a dirt bike adventure tour? Where did you go and how many days? Would you recommend it and is it good value for money?   :)
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Beefa

Re: Anyone had a Dirt Bike Adventure Tour experience?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 10:04:25 AM »
G'day Mudguard

I did a Mick Wharton KTM ride from Batemans Bay years ago. Rode up to the Araluen Pub and spent the night and then back to the Bay. Top ride, Top night on the turps and a great bunch of blokes.

Nothing better than riding in the scrub to come across a clearing with a bloke cooking a barbie lunch. Then  off again.

Highly recommend doing one.

Pete

Offline RED ALERT

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 10:11:16 AM »
I haven't myself, but I know some guys that have been to Cambodia for a five day adventure tour. Must be Ok they've been back at least 3 times. They stopped at one place where you could shoot all sorts guns etc and the owner told them if they wanted to pay more he could organise for them to shoot a cow with a rocket launcher. Think they passed on that one :D

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »
That's how I got back into riding after 20 yrs off. I bought an XTZ750 and went adventure riding. I heard about Overlanders here in Brivagas and did some trips with them.
They do small bike rides, 250/450/500s and then they do Big bike rides for the Teneres and later on KTM 950S and BMWs (the Beemer guys are fun-especially when they foreget to turn their ABS off) We did some overnighters to outback pubs and some loooong 1 dayers which were very good. He also does week long rides etc..... Google the name and check the web site.
Be careful though as that's where I ran into Popeye and now look whats happened.....