Author Topic: Mid Life Crisis??  (Read 9210 times)

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Mid Life Crisis??
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 09:48:35 AM »
........growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.........I never really got past about 19  ;D ;D ;D

Roger

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:44 AM »
What is "mid-life"? By the old life definition of "three score years and ten" I died a couple of years ago. Mid life-when is that ,I must have missed it. If driving a '74 Fiat Spider ,sailing a 14ft skiff ,riding classic mx & d/t ,& road rallies on a Bonneville constituites a crises--bring it on. Spare a thought for my Dad-on his 95th birthday he flew aerobatics for a TV programn [yes he was the pilot] .He probably can't remember his mathematical "mid life".As for a crisis ,that was probably coping with me as a teenager [although that term hadn't been invented yet].

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
Spare a thought for my Dad-on his 95th birthday he flew aerobatics for a TV program…

I saw that show and your Dad is a legend!  :D

I can't wait to see what he gets up to when he grows up.  ;D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 12:44:20 PM »
I saw that show and your Dad is a legend!
Me too, I didn't realise it was your Dad Col......My 90 year old Mum has the hots for him. ;)

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 12:45:19 PM »
my only addmission to MLC is the constant attempts to catch (& pass) supersenior (see above  ;D),on a track somewhere  ::), i had arrived at the conclusion,i will probably have to wait till Cols' in his 80's to achieves this(figuring on he'd have to slow down sometime  ;)),but upon reading the above statement concerning his 90 something yrs young fathers antics,i feel i have to now reajust my horizons & remain content in the knowlegde it will never bloody happen!! :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 09:03:30 AM »
According to my better half I'm just plain bloody stupid mucking around with dirty , noisey dusty motor bikes and mucking about doing other things when I could be acting my age! I should be staying in bed later and watching videos. Mid life was long ago! However coming onto 73 I intend to keep doing things that I can until I can't .so there. cheers Long live super seniors! pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 02:56:48 PM »
 What is a mid life crisis? buggerd if i know,any way must go polish the mustang,weld the exhaust on the 32 roadster and move the 9 vmx bikes to get out the mower.( for the wife of course)
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

firko

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2010, 04:30:55 PM »
I wake up feeling 20 years old and it's all good until I put the first leg out of bed. Nothing  will work properly until the narcotics kick in an hour later . It gets worse when I go to the bathroom to clean my teeth then realise..what fu*king teeth?" Same story when I got to brush where my hair used to be.

That's all right because every ache, missing tooth and long departed hair follicle are the results of a life of thinking I was bulletproof and living it to the fullest I could. I wear those battle scars as a badge of honour.

I may be a bit fatter, a bit uglier and a lot slower but there's still a hell of a lot of living left in this well used old body. Midlife has never been a crisis to me, it's just another chapter, a bit further into the book and there's still quite a few chapters left before the book goes back on the shelf..... ;D

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:41:49 PM by firko »

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 05:20:02 PM »
Firko - I can't remember which forum member it is but he has a signature along the lines of you "don't want to enter the grave well rested and preserved but flat out sideways, 100% exhausted with nothing left in the tank"

Couldn't be said better I reckon. :o
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica