Author Topic: TM75...or....TMXR75....  (Read 7255 times)

Offline 2fITy.J

• C-Grade
  • A bike in the bush is worth two in the shed.
    • View Profile
Re: TM75...or....TMXR75....
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »

One of the perks (there are many) of being within an industrial estate is the strange things that you see from time to time.

This morning, a bright crisp one, I figured I would take a few snaps of the TM after yesty's great wash. Besides, it would give me a reason for a spin on it and leave more room in the workshop.

I took some pics but the light was giving me curry........

So I had another blat  ;D ...and parked it. When I came back out with the camera there were photographers crawling all over the place....one by one, about twenty photography club members took several shots of the bike..... 8)

Apparently they are on the "arty" side of photography, so I doubt whether these ones will rate.... :D :D

Had to zoom in to crop the photographers on the sidelines.... :o :o

Not so long back a mini-van pulled up one sunday morning and about half dozen models dressed in lingerie climbed out and started sprawling over pallets and against a shipping container...was freakin' awesome! There was no way I was gonna avert my eyes and go grab the camera though...hehe.

There has also been the odd film crew come down and do "takes" and some hot rodders often park against nearby graffiti walls and take photo's.

Cheers,
Chris.
BMW-BSA-Ducati-Honda-Kawasaki-Lambretta-Matchless-Norton-Suzuki-Triumph-Vespa-Yamaha.

I don't drive but currently ride '82 IT250J - '90 DR650RS - '76 TC125
'82 IT465J (unassembled) - '81 MX100A Ghost - '76 DT100C Ghost - '75 TM75 (yay, it's runs)

Offline 2fITy.J

• C-Grade
  • A bike in the bush is worth two in the shed.
    • View Profile
Re: TM75...or....TMXR75....
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »

Update: New pilot jet and needle/seat, thorough clean/service carby. New crankcase plug, fitted a near new carby top and retaining frame. Made a new cotter pin for the idler rod and fitted a new choke cable. Hand polished the motor and a few other bits....leaving as much of the patina as possible. Replaced most of the bolts. Tank is emitting fuel that is now debris free and shows (as yet) no sediment. Starts first kick and idles nicely after 20-30 seconds of choke. Brakes and clutch are good and rear suspension is getting some much needed dampening slowly returning.

Still to fit the new plug I got from partzilla as whatever is in it now is doing a dam fine job. Old seat cover has softened somewhat and has not yet cracked or torn right through, so the new seat cover still sits under wraps.

Needs a kill switch, front plate and new rubber....

It is a delight to ride around and the tyres lend themselves to some good old fashioned fun..... :D :D

I want to do a tiddler's vinduro loop on it!

GO THE RAT!

Cheers,
Chris.
BMW-BSA-Ducati-Honda-Kawasaki-Lambretta-Matchless-Norton-Suzuki-Triumph-Vespa-Yamaha.

I don't drive but currently ride '82 IT250J - '90 DR650RS - '76 TC125
'82 IT465J (unassembled) - '81 MX100A Ghost - '76 DT100C Ghost - '75 TM75 (yay, it's runs)