Author Topic: Fuel injected 2 stroke trials from OSSA???  (Read 2694 times)

Offline ghostrider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Fuel injected 2 stroke trials from OSSA???
« on: May 28, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »
 I dont know the full story about this ,so I am in need of enlightenment.Just been told by a source that frequents motorshows and press releases in europe etc etc, that Ossa is releasing a reverse cylinder fuel injected 2 stroke trials bike,WTF ,,and has plans on releasing an enduro-ised version later in 2012.Apparently the technical gurus from GAS GAS made a move to Ossa ,and then unleashed this genius design.

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel injected 2 stroke trials from OSSA???
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 03:08:28 PM »
Started selling them months ago. Lots of the 280cc trials OSSA being ridden all over the world. Not the same company as made OSSAs in the 70s and 80s but they bought the name. First year's production was made in Spain. Next years lot may be made elsewhere. They go well and the EFI makes them very nice to ride. If you go to an Aussie trial odds on you will see some.
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline ksithumper

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »

On sale over here for a while

http://www.ossauk.co.uk/?The_Ossa_TR_280i

You can buy a Greeves too  :o

http://www.greevesmotorsport.co.uk/bike.html

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 06:11:20 PM »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

mx250

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 06:32:47 PM »
One Saturday about 3 months ago I was driving between Heathcote and Sutherland and there was a ute with three new Ossa's in the4 back. So I take it someone is importing them. ;) :)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 06:44:16 PM »
In Australia the importer is Don Murray from Motocentral who also bring in Sherco as well.
Had a ride on 1 last month & was pleasantly surprised on how it went.
The fuel injection is the least of differences to any of the other bikes, the crank fits in from 1 side & the gearbox from the other

Bioflex

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 10:31:29 PM »
I have no experience with trials bikes, but could one (or an engine at least) be a good base for a trail bike?
I imagine they have plenty of bottom end power and are extremely responsive. If so, then surely something such as this would be perfect in a ultra light trail bike?

Would be interesting to slot a motor like this with FI and all directly into a KTM 125 chassis and then hit the dirt.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »
Gas Gas makes the Pampera which used to run a trials motor but I think they run a 450 4t now so won't be anywhere near as good, from memory they also had less suspension travel so they made great learners bikes
I've been riding with a guy who has a Gas Gas 280 trials engine fitted to a CR125 frame which goes really well, the suspension has been set up for more technical terrain which is what he prefers to ride

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »
Sorry to inform but the trials EFI motor is unlikely to be suitable for MX/trails. GAS GAS make some brilliant bikes, they even made a 64 X 64mm engine for a kart 250 national, makes 67HP revs to 10,500 all weekend, and gives 250 twins a real hurry up.
Jesus only loves two strokes

cheapracer

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »
I just noticed the Greeves has an all aluminium frame and the OSSA has a steel frame with an aluminium steering stock/front downtube .... should be the other way 'round!