Author Topic: Queensland Titles 25th - 26th August  (Read 11534 times)

Offline bigtoe

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Titles 25th - 26th August
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2012, 07:36:44 PM »
do we have more than 10 entries yet ?

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
Bigtoe. What class are you refering to, for number of entries?
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »
10 sidecars (good effort) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Barronvmx

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »
We have over 70 riders and a good number of Championship classes due to over 10 entries per class. Well done to the tricycles having 10 entered. I tried riding that bloody DR500 side car and it tried to kill me so good luck with those things they handle like shopping trolleys. They have a mind of their own and my son wanted to get off because he said I was to lazy to ride with. I was exausted afterwards and my arms had forearm pumpup more than I have had for any solo bike ride. I now have alot more respect for the sidecar boys, maybe I'd be a better passenger than a rider but I won't find out in a hurry.
Looking forward to great weekend and can't wait to see if the mighty XL100 gets lapped in the Pre75 125 race.
Glenn.W
Huskies
CR250 1972, CR400 1972, SC125 1973, CR250 1975GP, WR250 1979/80, XC125 1983, TX510 1983, XC125 1984 project, CR250 1984 project
Honda's
SL100 1971, XL100 1974, Hondasaki 210, XL185 1981 project
Jawa's
1959 250 project, 1969 175 trail boss project.
Sachs 1969 125

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2012, 10:11:13 AM »
JULIA HAS NOT RIDDEN HARRISVILLE
CAN I HAVE SOME SIMPLE DIRECTIONS
THANKS AL

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
We have over 70 riders and a good number of Championship classes due to over 10 entries per class. Well done to the tricycles having 10 entered. I tried riding that bloody DR500 side car and it tried to kill me so good luck with those things they handle like shopping trolleys. They have a mind of their own and my son wanted to get off because he said I was to lazy to ride with. I was exausted afterwards and my arms had forearm pumpup more than I have had for any solo bike ride. I now have alot more respect for the sidecar boys, maybe I'd be a better passenger than a rider but I won't find out in a hurry.
Looking forward to great weekend and can't wait to see if the mighty XL100 gets lapped in the Pre75 125 race.
Glenn.W
Why do you think we put you on one!!!!?
Sorry Baron & son, we shoulda put you on with an experienced passenger but your lad reckoned he was up to it :D Next time I'll get on with you and you can really have a go :D :D :D :D

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »
JULIA HAS NOT RIDDEN HARRISVILLE
CAN I HAVE SOME SIMPLE DIRECTIONS
THANKS AL

Hi Al glad to hear Julia is having a go :)

To get there you head to Peak Crossing, turn right at the hotel,  into Peak crossing warril View Rd, then continue for about 4km up the road, on the left you will see Old Warwick Rd, take first left into Faulkner Quarry Rd, continue up the road for maybe 500 meters and on the right will be Greg's property, If Im wrong Im sure someone will correct me :) :)

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline bigtoe

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2012, 08:05:03 PM »
Hey glen my son jack is having his first race so there will be at least 3 sl/xl 125's, maybe 4, in the same race !!!

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 09:54:52 AM »
how bloody good was that!
all muscles aching today but very worth it.
2 days of racing and not one ambo incident or injury that i'm aware of.
parts of the track were brilliant and the other bits were typical Ozzie soil.
once again, a big thank you to all that made it happen.
if your ever thinking of a good event to attend in SEQ, you missed a good one.
5 steaming hot showers,
bonfire,
more food than we could ever ask for,
great track both old bike and evo friendly,
etc etc...
 ;)
"flat bickie"

Offline maico67

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 10:26:54 AM »
A huge thankyou to Greg Mitchell , what a spectacular venue he gave us , the effort that he put into that track , and venue absolutely amazes me !
That in my opinion was even better than Connondale .
Once again thanks !!!!!!

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 04:51:44 PM »
your on drugs brett.  ;D farrrrking people up drinking around the fire past 3am , shit even the chooks woke up before they went to bed. yes the track was great as it always is, greg is the man for all the work HE has done.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »
It was dissappointing to hear that riders were kept awake at such a late hour, the band finished at a reasonable time and that was when it all should of finished. But apart from that it was a damm good weekend. Greg..what a fantastic job, that set up was just the best, the time you and your friends had put into this event was mind blowing, also a huge thanks to your wonderful wife and her friends who worked all day in the kitchen to make sure we all had enough side dishes to complement the pork, thanks to the gentlemen who were involved with everything that had to be done from beginning to end with the little piggie, the band, the fire brigade, and to everybody that was involved with this weekend THANKYOU!! Pics of both Sat and Sunday are now up on my website.

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

TM BILL

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »
Sounds like we missed a blinder  >:( but its great it all went well and the event was a sucsess  :)

As far as partying goes IMHO its all part of the gig  ::) pretty much every event i camp at (even CDs FFS ) theres somone who has to have a whinge about people partying to late . Get over yourselves  ::) its Vintage MX  ;) generally a bunch of old people having a good time and riding old bikes . Some people take the whole thing far to seriously  ::) If we were any good we would have been good 30 yrs ago  ;) ironicly i usually find the party whingers are the event wobblers anyway  ;) those who would struggle to podium if there was only two in a race  :-*

For me partying is a big part of VMX  ;) At the end of the day theres a band the piss is flowing and the partys well under way  ;D then oh the bands stopped lets all go to bed like good boys and girls  >:( thats not how i or many others roll  >:(the nails will be going in the box soon enough and i intend to enjoy every moment while im still here  ;) Heres a tip for all the really serious racers out there , dont camp  :o go get a nice quiet motel where you can have your cocoa and plan your race stratergy in peace  ;) away from all those heathens  ;D

oldfart

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »
Bill you missed a blinder indeed  ;D ;D ;D,  there is always next year if you get a invite. ;) 

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2012, 08:41:04 PM »
It is a pity that it has to be MA sanctioned as I am aware of a few more that would have turned up if day licenses were allowed.
Great event and a BIG cheer for Greg and Co. for putting on what is becoming an icon of a circuit.

Sidecar teams had a ball as usual with 9 on the grid and a couple of newbies to boot.
Best on ground must go to young Sean Fox as he partnered Dave Mattock at very high speed on the EML Yamaha. Second overall at his first crack at a title must have him cheering but he deserves all accolades as he put in a huge effort.