Author Topic: VVMXC (VIPER) Round 3 Yanakie **CANCELLED**  (Read 1739 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
VVMXC (VIPER) Round 3 Yanakie **CANCELLED**
« on: August 23, 2012, 01:23:16 PM »
Due to lack of entries, round 3 of VIPER scheduled for Sunday 26th August has been cancelled. Maybe the dismal weather forecast has had an impact but we require a minimum of 60 pre entries to make it viable for clubs to run an event. As of today (1 day after entries close) we have a total of 44. Thanks to those who have made the effort to pre enter. Payments can be rolled over to the next round or reimbursed. Please let me know what you wish to do.
K

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: VVMXC (VIPER) Round 3 Yanakie **CANCELLED**
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »
Spewing, I was really looking forward to sunday....   :'(

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »
Spewing, I was really looking forward to sunday....   :'(

You still can  ;-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »
Yeh, look forward to sleeping in.... bacon and eggs for brekky ...  ;D

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »
Yeh, look forward to sleeping in.... bacon and eggs for brekky ...  ;D

Maybe you could get an egg & bacon roll at Broadford at the Harley fun day, that's where I'll be  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 08:20:54 PM »
Shame to see any event cancelled & while I understand we need to make it profitable for clubs but 44 would probably turn to 50 or more on the day (My pet hate) but ultimately that would be the club's call. We (BRMCC) would still have probably gone ahead. Yes I do go on about numbers but I'm more about getting bums on bikes.
What about the club themselves, did they have any locals that wanted to ride? Was it put to them to see if they wanted to go ahead or did the committe make the decision to can it?

Just a shame.

Oh well, lets hope the next round goes off without a hitch & is better supported. Don't forget guys a lot of effort still goes on behind the scenes even when it's cancelled & I'm sure it wasn't made (The decision to cancel) lightly.

Well done to those who did pre-enter, need you to get a rocket up the others.

I will be making a come back next year & have an idea I want to run past everyone. Not yet, need to have a talk to some "Behind the scenes" people before I open my big gob. (Again)

Macca's 50th was a great night!

Viper666
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
Shame to see any event cancelled & while I understand we need to make it profitable for clubs but 44 would probably turn to 50 or more on the day (My pet hate) but ultimately that would be the club's call. We (BRMCC) would still have probably gone ahead. Yes I do go on about numbers but I'm more about getting bums on bikes.
What about the club themselves, did they have any locals that wanted to ride? Was it put to them to see if they wanted to go ahead or did the committe make the decision to can it?

Just a shame.

Yes, would of been a great day down there.. Hopefully the flame gets re-united for alot of the old crew thats been missing in action in the series.
 Be such a shame for it to go from such a fun series to turn into a non repairable train wreck.
Hopefully there will be some vmx social ride days come about now the weather starting to improve.  It was good to see some vmx bikes at Broadford the past two meets at broadford.

Viper666
Maico's, the only way to go.