Author Topic: Queensland  (Read 61947 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »
Friday nights the Caboolture show ground is open I'm told.
Maybe ask at any of the other country show grounds a bit further out.

Offline CraigBa

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 10:15:32 PM »
Anyone been to Glen Echo Park?

http://www.glenechopark.com.au/

"It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense".

MV Agusta Brutale
89 Honda CR125
89 Honda CR500

hillsy_badboy

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:14 AM »
Only been there once when it was pouring rain, that was over 12mths ago. Not a huge property, pretty basic, but very good amenities, very friendly owners/riders, very well priced. Trails aren't very technical, but still good for blast. Would go again

Offline darren

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »
childers up near bundaberg has an old dis used mx track right on the highway that hardly anybody uses
the entrance is directly opposite the airport entrance about 7 ks south of childers,,,,no reason why you couldnt camp theyre as long as you took you rubbish home with you......i live nearly opposite the place and hardly hear any bikes theyre at all,,,,,,,,,,if anybody in the area wants to meet up and let the old bikes loose on the place let me know,,,,,,,,,,,

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »
Travelling down to Dalby to work next week, are there any tracks or parks there to ride? Looked at Dalbymoto website not much info gained from there.

Cheers, Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

Offline 2stroksmoka

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:12 PM »
I heard there is a track on Coles Creek Rd, Cooran QLD. Does anyone know who runs it and when it is open? Cheers Luke

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »
Private property, used only once or twice a year. Join QVMX and they'll look after you.

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 07:20:20 PM »
Has anyone been to Phoenix motocross park at yarraman just saw. It on face book

Offline Gibbit

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2014, 01:04:03 PM »
I'm vice president of the Gundy Club. We are MQld affiliated.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Goondiwindi-Motorcycle-Club-Inc/146839215371045
1990 YZ490A

Offline 84 KX big bore

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2014, 09:47:55 PM »
Went to Qld moto park on the weekend. They do need to do some prep work. Back in September they had just ploughed/ripped up the natural terrain track. This left large dirt boulders all over the track and on the day the track had one line only. Since then these have broken down and the track is very sandy. They need a lot of rain to pack the track back down again.
84 KX 500
84 KX 250

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »
84KX a motocross track isn't supposed to be hard packed, that's called road racing and they have that at Willowbank (complete with jumps and bumps) You'll need different tyres too.
Motocross should be soft and loamy and even sandy, it moves around under your tyres, makes you think maybe you have a flat. Good for concentration and arm pump.
If you want something in between, try Dirt Track, hard underneath and slippery on top, each-way bet, but too mundane for me.  :D

Offline 84 KX big bore

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2014, 06:49:11 AM »
Agree EML.  :)

My point was around that the tracks are in need of prepping. The track has been ripped up/ploughed and has left large clumps of dirt which in a lot of places on the track has left one line. Many riders out there last weekend were of the same opinion. cheers,
84 KX 500
84 KX 250

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2014, 10:08:57 AM »
The QMP mx tracks are prepped every tues & wed that's why the park is closed those days.
With the lack of rain there isn't always enough water in the dam to saturate the track when they rip it to avoid large clumps of dirt.
The tracks are also touched up each evening as best they can after the park closes..

Offline mic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland>Ipswich
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »
hey, were can i take my 74 XR75 for a floggin near Ipswich, just need a place for a coupe of hours to fang it as i just got it going?

-mick
-toe -
74 XR75 - 75 CR125M1 - 84 XR500 x 2 - 79 CR250 x 2

Offline N22

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2016, 11:12:14 PM »
The Dalby Moto Trailride Series this year has18 rides all up,from Maleny,out to Barcaldine,and south into NSW at North Star(some rides have been cancelled,or rescheduled due to the drought).All of these rides are run by volunteers,and raise money for local schools,and charities.Checkout the Dalby Moto Calender,and also give the organisers a call,to checkout conditions,and terrain type.The rides are run under MA permits,and a couple of years ago a better deal was worked out with MQ,for one day licences,and entry forms.Bunya is the longest running ride,starting over 30 years ago,and is one of the best,as they alternate between 2 sites,along the Great Dividing Range,near Bell,north of Dalby.Trails vary in length with North Star having over 160km of marked trails,over an area of 500sq km,all of the trails are opened at the same time,and the access to the longer trails are closed earlier,to make sure everyone is back before dark.By opening the trails altogether riders can have 5 different combinations ,and there is a free ride area in a large quarry,that is only 10 minutes out and 10 minutes back from the campground,good if you want to take the kids on the open track,to see how they handle it.Old bike,and rider friendly,with bypasses on the harder sections,and a barbecue at the fuel stop on the 85 km loop .call 0428545367, or North Star Trailride Facebook,for more info,and online sign up,also sign upon the day,July 30/31,2016.
If you are not living on the Edge,you are taking up to much Space!!

BSA Gold Flash,Triumph Bonnevile,DT250A,YZ250B,PE250a.YZ125D,RM125C,RM125N,RM125X,IT175H,IT250G,03CRF250X,07CRF450X,O8CRF250