Author Topic: Broadford Mega Ride Day's CANCELLED !!!!  (Read 8619 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Broadford Mega Ride Day's CANCELLED !!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 11:41:34 AM »
Sorry Viper666, I had to delete the subject from the website.  It was a rave from a 19 yo kid, I posted that the Mega Ride Days were finished at Broadford and this kid then posted that he didn't care because the track was crap because no one ever worked on it, I and many people in the sport tried explaining that lots of volunteers put their time in but he didn't care and just started calling everyone stupid oldtimers (which we are of course lol).

He said that he'd worked in the industry all his life (yes at 19!!) and he knew what was right.  He said that his Dad was an ex Manager for the Honda MX team and that we should respect what the kid said.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:43:11 AM by John Orchard »
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
Re: Broadford Mega Ride Day's CANCELLED !!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »

Oh, one of THEM!

I had a similar rant from a member at a club day and was told that they shouldn't have to help out, that they were RIDERS & thats what they did. Not hosing tracks or fixing start gates and that without them thar RIDERS ( & their measly $60 membership fee) the club would be stuffed!

When I winged about the lack of helpers at the club (Young ones that is) my father, who was the Secretary of the Sebastopol FC back in 1950 something for a few years, said "Every working bee they had a hundred willing workers" "Five willing to work, 95 willing to let them"

Seems not a lot has changed in 60 years?

Perko
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?