Author Topic: Fuel card  (Read 2196 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Fuel card
« on: February 06, 2020, 10:10:21 PM »
  This might be of interest to old age pensioners on here. The NSW Gov has just issued a new travel card.  It allows users to send up to $250 on fuel or any other transport, like maybe taxis, buses, trains etc.  The card is free to all NSW pensioners depending on your location (inner city residents may miss out) but it is worth a trip to the RTA to find out.  Most couples are entitled to a card each a total of $500.  I had to give the RTA my mothers maiden name and also my licence for ID, card comes in a few weeks and we have 14 months to send it.  It will also be issued again next year.
    Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel card
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 03:30:29 PM »
well that's mighty nice of the gov so does it also apply to people on disability pensions?

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 06:48:29 PM »
Matt, I think it is for old aged and disability pensioners. My wife missed out because she gets a carers allowance and carers payment. Worth asking the question.
   Cheers  Zane

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 10:48:48 PM »
  This NSW Gov seemed to be giving us pensioners a bit of a helping hand with this new fuel card, BUT.  The problem is there's no service stations in my area or within a 100 kl radius of me  that will let you use the friggin thing.  Asked the question on face book and nobody has been able to find a provider not even in Coffs, where they first trialed the bloody thing.  Not good P R  for them, seems there is not one reference on all of their web sites that gives any info on locations, and this is supposed to be in use from early Feb this year.  Why don't they give a card to everyone in the state, or why not, everyone in Australia,  If there is nowhere to spend it then it doesn't cost them a thing.
    If any of you blokes have been able to use the card or have any info let us know. Oh and while your at it, let us know if there is any date rolls left in your town.
              Zane
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:51:14 PM by FAT-TOY »