Author Topic: Sharpener finished  (Read 1605 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Sharpener finished
« on: January 01, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »
   Finished my circular saw blade sharpener today and sharpened a couple of blades.  What a difference, cuts at least as good as when they were new and it didn't cost me a cent, sorry it cost me $7 for a pair of short drawer sliders from Bunnings.  It will sharpen blades from about 75mm up to about 600mm when the slides are extended right out.  I had the little dentists grinder which has plenty of power and the sharpening disc is an old tile cutter I've had for years, the rest was made of old timber and steel that was laying about in the shed.  The angle screwed to the sides are used to hold it down on my work bench.  I use the hold down pins similar to what woodworker use on their wooden benches. I just drilled as heap of holes where needed and they work great, well worth the trouble, I have them in about 4 sizes and they will hold down pieces of timber etc from about 10mm thick up to 100mm or 200mm I have even used them to hold a bike frame and a engine case when needed.

The hold down pins are made from a bit of round bar with a small pad welded on the end.

Zane

Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sharpener finished
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:39:01 AM »
nice sharpener and even more nicer heavy duty bench top!ive got to repurpose some quad bikes steel crates made from various size of square tubing the honda dealer gave me before they shut into an welding bench where you can g clampthe job before tacking/welding it but got to finish moving and concrete the shed floor 1st,the constant 42c plus days here arnt helping and no cool change in sight,bring on winter you can always get warm