Author Topic: Evapo-Rust  (Read 1498 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Evapo-Rust
« on: December 12, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »
  Has anyone used a product called Evapo-Rust.  It's used to soak rusty items to remove the rust fast,  light rust about 8 to 10 mins  and badly rusted bits 8 to 9 hours.  Sounds a lot better the weeks in a molasses bath (if it works) its priced at about $30 for 5 ltrs the supplier is in Qld so there might be postage on that if there is no outlet closer to home.
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

TooFastTim

Re: Evapo-Rust
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »
Might be the same stuff with a different name. http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/31217-fantic-tx-250-help/.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Evapo-Rust
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »
  Purchased a 5 ltr container of Evapo-rust, thought I'd give it a try.  It's more expensive than I was told around $66 plus postage, but it works and it was fast acting.  Light rust on some bolts was gone in about an hour and heavy rust on springs and shocks I left over night and they came out rust free.  There is doesn't appear to be any damage to the base metal,  it just acts on the rust, and the supplier says it can be reused until it loses potency.  And best of all no smell or need to find a place out doors to keep it.
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.