Author Topic: Suzuki RH 250 works bike Perth gumtree  (Read 43980 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki RH 250 works bike Perth gumtree
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 10:04:52 PM »
just googled [ivan miller rh250 nz] & the same pic came up in a closed forum here on ozvmx from 2011 headed Suzuki RH250--exactly the same pic, background etc. Not sure what that means except interesting!! unless i'm confused [more than usual].
Talking modded RH's, I was at a Christmas MX at Whakatane [nz] in "74--well i think "74 because i was on a CR250 Elsinore & had an MX250B in "75. Anyhoo, Ivan's bike arrived 'that day' with the Steve Roberts [i suppose factory 'type'] mod with the gas charged KYB's & bloodywell psyched us right out. Mind you he normally lapped us but just mean't he double lapped us lol. Think at the time someone recond the travel was more than the ground clearance for the pipe but he was mostly off the ground & sideways. Think i'm right in all this but was a long time ago & distinctly remember going F!@#$$%k, may as well go home.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »
page 3 of that RH [2011] forum i mentioned.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 10:23:59 PM »
www.ngataonga.org.nz/sellebration/view.php?id=154

found this suzuki add with Ivan on possibly an RH? or a 125. Wouldn't copy & paste so hope it'll work just dragging it up top or whatever you do. Just for a laugh i typed Honda in the search bar of the page [top right] & wasn't laughing when the add i did for Honda on the Elsinore came up--looks sooo tame [or lame lol].

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 10:26:22 PM »
 Yay-- It worked.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
forum.ozvmx.com/index.php?topic=20476.30

page link.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 10:40:48 PM »
I remember the add Morley, never new knew the song was done by Spilt Endz.....learn something every day. We just had the Aussie Road Race  historic championship meeting on the weekend in Brisbane, there was a Kiwi T500 Titan that had "Colemans" on it as well as Lawton & Boyle and Steve Roberts. He must be bloody old now, make you feel young. Ginger Malloy was over as well. Hows old bloody Ian James going?, he's hording some cool bikes. Those Suzuki's of Miller, Ploen and Co smashed everyone back then, who was the guy in Palmy [Suzuki/Yamaha shop] who had an RH as well?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 11:02:57 PM »
Terry Paviel also had an RH in NZ back then..

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 05:52:11 AM »
I remember the add Morley, never new knew the song was done by Spilt Endz.....learn something every day. We just had the Aussie Road Race  historic championship meeting on the weekend in Brisbane, there was a Kiwi T500 Titan that had "Colemans" on it as well as Lawton & Boyle and Steve Roberts. He must be bloody old now, make you feel young. Ginger Malloy was over as well. Hows old bloody Ian James going?, he's hording some cool bikes. Those Suzuki's of Miller, Ploen and Co smashed everyone back then, who was the guy in Palmy [Suzuki/Yamaha shop] who had an RH as well?

Phil Turnbull
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 05:55:03 AM »
The guy in Palmy would have been Phil Turnbull, Paul Doecke mentioned being team mates with Phil & Paul admits highly modifying his. Still has the factory stand which gets used under the CZ nowadays.
By chance I'm off to see Steve Roberts tomorrow to collect my tank that he had just put back together after removing the dents, have been told it's like new

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »
I worked with a bloke who rode an RH for a NZ Suzuki dealer years ago...cant remember his name ...lives near taupo, just did up an 84 rm for vmx.

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 09:58:13 AM »
I'm not suprised this has turned up here in WA..there were, by comparison, quite a lot of RH and RN's here in WA.. Mortlocks, who were the Suzuki dealer had nearly all of their workshop staff and the sales guys riding them..not certain, but I recall about 5/6 RH's and 3 RN's getting around.. both 74's and 75's...

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »
We just had the Aussie Road Race  historic championship meeting on the weekend in Brisbane, there was a Kiwi T500 Titan that had "Colemans" on it as well as Lawton & Boyle and Steve Roberts.

That is quite a famous little bike, built by Jon Allnatt (ex-Geoff Perry mechanic) and ridden by Pat Hennen in 1972 and '73. More or less a 500 in a 250-sized Roberts chassis. When originally built it had sexy gold mag wheels. Great to see Peter O'Neill giving it a damn good thrashing instead of hiding it in a shed, he said it is easily the most enjoyable bike he's ever ridden.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2014, 10:37:39 AM »
80-85 Husky Taupo rider would have been Pete Lockwood.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »
No Neil somebody....I for the life of me cannot remember his last name...it will surface at some point.....he lives at Taupo now Christ knows where he raced back then...he gave me a couple of his old Suzuki racing jumpers as they wont fit him now ;D

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 03:33:25 PM »
Might be wrong but think Peter Lockwood was a bit young for RH's, remember him on later RM370's--250's. Think Peter came from a farm up the other side of the lake [other side from where i'm coming from]--in my AP5 with bell housing bolts undoing & pulling it out of top gear, plus a breather the size of the filler cap on the rocker box & big pipe heading down to the rear bumper. Got pulled up one night with the guy saying "you're loosing heaps of water", but no, was just the grey smoke & fumes rolling out the back. Good old AP5. Sorry--woffling about nothing again. Don't know that Phil Turnbull had an RH as such as was mainly a 125 rider [albeit bloody fast] but do recal him riding an RN of Colemans [Ex Ivan] at a TT at Fordell near Wanganui, because i had the bosses SC500 which was a good TT machine that day. Never leaned ours off [the SC] & never missed a beat but can remember one or maybe two paying the price that day for trying to clean up the midrange. Cheers OTH. ps, i'll ask Phil sometime re the RH.