Author Topic: How to ignore things you don't want to see on OzVMX  (Read 13825 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
How to ignore things you don't want to see on OzVMX
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:28:42 PM »
I created the Administration of Competition board for people to discuss matters of concern. This board works OK, but it still requires constant moderation due to people becoming personal. However I still think it's important to have this particular opportunity for discussing the tough issues.

That said, plenty of people don't like seeing this stuff all the time, especially the arguments about Evo rules.

So, to help avoid this, I have introduced the Ignore Boards option. This is pretty simple - you select the board to ignore and you'll no longer see new posts listed on the home page. The board will still appear in the list of boards, and you can still go to it to see what's going on, but it won't be in your face when you first login.

To enable this, go to your profile (PROFILE link at the top of the screen). Then, select MODIFY PROFILE, IGNORE BOARDS OPTION.

On the screen now displayed, select the boards you wish to ignore, and then click the CHANGE PROFILE button down on the bottom right.

Now, you won't see the new posts from the selected board(s) on the forum home page.

Hope this helps!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:45:01 AM by Graeme M »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: How to ignore things you don't want to see on OzVMX
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »
Can I just point out this doesn't make the board 'hidden' - people can still go to it, see it, read the posts and comment. So this is not an invitation to get into personal attacks on people. I will let some reasonably robust comments stay, but it's a fine line and I admit I don't always get it right.

So a not so gentle reminder - keep to the facts and the issues and try not to start making allegations that can't be substantiated, and especially don't just go personally sledging people. Or clubs. Or organisations.