Author Topic: Same old dirt, same old FUN!  (Read 12413 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Same old dirt, same old FUN!
« on: December 30, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »
As the great magazine proclaims, we do this stuff for fun. Well, most of us anyway. And because OzVMX began as a tribute to Ray Ryan and VMX Magazine, I've tried to keep it pretty faithful to that idea. But in the past few years there's been rather too much not fun going on. I refer to the endless debates about rules, MA, organisations and various personalities in the sport.

While I can see there are concerns and perhaps even genuine problems that need sorting out, this is not the place to do that. I've said it before and I'll say it one last time. Make your own forum/website/FB page, and have it out there. As from 1 January 2016, this forum is now closed to such discussions.

OzVMX is about the riding, the racing, and the fun of old dirtbikes. I want to keep the flavour of OzVMX about that side of things. People should come here to talk about the fun they just had, or to ask questions, get answers, and just hang out with others who love old dirtbikes.

So, no more will we discuss what I'll call 'administration' of the sport. That doesn't mean someone can't ask a question about the meaning of the rules or a particular rule or whatever, but I'll be keeping a close eye on those sorts of threads.

Anyone who does start a thread complaining about the rules or whinging about some aspect of the sport's administration, will find their post deleted, no questions asked.

Carry on.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:21:06 PM by Graeme M »